Audi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to fit a glove box cd player but have f**** up the nav and wiring

The nav works but will not switch on and off by the ignition key, as it will not light up when you turn the headlight on

Are these can bus functions or do you need a switch wire from the the ignition

There is a wire coming from the ignition but this is connected onto live 12v feed.

There is a ditz can bus interface in the car as well

Thought it was ok but now have these problems and also the battery has gone flat

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok got some of this sorted. The unit seems to work ok but when u take the key out the unit switches off but the fan and dvd drive seem to carry on working.

Before after a few minutes you would hear a thumb over the speakers and the unit would shut down. Dose the unit need to reset it's self to the car ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Mark Cooper said:
ok got some of this sorted. The unit seems to work ok but when u take the key out the unit switches off but the fan and dvd drive seem to carry on working.

Before after a few minutes you would hear a thumb over the speakers and the unit would shut down. Dose the unit need to reset it's self to the car ?
That's normal behaviour.

When you take the key out the unit goes into a "partially off" state, so it is ready to turn on quickly if , for example, you have just stopped for a few minutes to fill up with petrol (gas) or diesel. The unit fully turns off (when you hear the thump) after a few minutes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does not seem to be do this (no thumb) Any ideas what i could check or should i leave it a few days to settle down

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
No harm in doing a reset - press and hold "Radio" and "Setup" keys together until the unit restarts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i will reset it and leave over night. if there is a problem the battery will be flat in the morning, wont it ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Mark Cooper said:
ok i will reset it and leave over night. if there is a problem the battery will be flat in the morning, wont it ?
Depends on the condition of your battery and the temperature overnight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Petrol daves post (it convinced me)

The "static" should last between 10 and 30 minutes AFTER you have locked the car (the RNS-E stays in a half awake state in case you come back quickly, e.g. after filling up at a gas station). It's only if it lasts longer than that do you have a problem.

Try locking the car with the interior sensor turned off (switch on drivers door) and a window open (do this somewhere safe like your garage) and coming back after 10, 20, 30 minutes to put your head through the window and listen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts