Audi Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You'll need of update, if you want to get MP3 cahanger operative in your MMI system.
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0030,0040,0050,0110 and 0130 update with CD 4F0906961T;
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0370 update with CD 4L0906961C-A6 and update with CD 4L0906961D-Q7;
-For MMI Basic Plus N Addr.07 with SW:0080 and 0120 update CD 4F0906961E
Firstly, one big Thank you from me audiR8.

Today I was in audi finchley to order the cd`s which A8 tech said in his post.
CD: 8E0 906 961 R
CD: 4F0 906 961 T
The guy ordered them for me and in 2 days time I`ll collect.

Now is look like that one is wrong. No problemo.

I`ll order and the other one which is : CD 4L0906961C

Is that all from SW update side?

·
Registered
249 Posts
CD: 8E0 906 961 R is for the cd fault when it crashes so i would still get it and its updated via the navagtion unit not the multichanger.CD 4L0906961C should be avaliable
CD: 4F0 906 961 T will be avaliable.Im sorry if i didnt give you the latest sw update but i dont have elsa but i can tell you there is a new workshop action for mmi low and high for the phone failing which includes sw update for mmi as well as the phone.Ask at your dealer as the update has only been out for a week or so and it repairs the phone sw and updates 07 display unit control.Again im at home not at work so i dont have the full details to hand and the workshop action is pr number specific so it doesnt apply to all mmi/phone sw versions,but ask any way.Gie the dealer your vehicle details and they can check elsa for any outstanding workshop actions or recalls.
Also when updating mmi sw versions the dealers send the new sw versions back to the factory server to update the pr numbers of the vehicle so future updates can be accounted for to the vehicle.Most of you wont bother about this but its quite important.Regards A8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No problem A8 tech. I order them today. For CD 4L0906961C-A6 you said that can be back order.

Is anybody here have this CD 4L0906961C-A6 to share with me?

I will try to order and this cd but if it`s not available, that will take time.:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tecman,
today I was thinking about the CP. Do you remember that the car was at audi finchley and I ask them to recode the cd changer?!? So , I`m not sure, but MAY BE, they remove the CP couse they try to recode for an 40 min., and I saw them connect their VAS or VAG or what so ever machine is with a usb cable (possibly net connection). If they done this, that is going to be light in the tunel mate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
but i can tell you there is a new workshop action for mmi low and high for the phone failing which includes sw update for mmi as well as the phone.Ask at your dealer as the update has only been out for a week or so and it repairs the phone sw and updates 07 display unit control.Again im at home not at work so i dont have the full details to hand and the workshop action is pr number specific so it doesnt apply to all mmi/phone sw versions,but ask any way.Gie the dealer your vehicle details and they can check elsa for any outstanding workshop actions or recalls.
Also when updating mmi sw versions the dealers send the new sw versions back to the factory server to update the pr numbers of the vehicle so future updates can be accounted for to the vehicle.Most of you wont bother about this but its quite important.Regards A8
Wht will be the latest version number & which PR numbers will this update apply to?? Wht does this update fix??

TIA

·
Registered
249 Posts
CD 4L0906961C is avaliable

Wht will be the latest version number & which PR numbers will this update apply to?? Wht does this update fix??
I havent done the update yet as the cd rom for mmi low is back order

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks to everyone who helping me with my problems.

Now, audi did not phone me for the update cd which I order monday.They will probably tomorrow (2 working day delivery), but anyway I download the update cd 4F0 906 961 T from the link which forum member a4ss4abt forward to me (many thanks mate). Today I`ve done the update to my MMI, and ole-e-e cd changer start working playing standard CD`s. On the end of update on the screen I received message "ST7 update required" which is probably for the mp3 changer which I will do with the other cd update. It`s not take me so long for upgrade 20-30 min max.

I think that I was wright when I said before for the possibillity that the technics which try to recode the changer to work on my car removed the CP on this unit and that is the only thing that they have right.

Tommorow I will go back to audi to order the other cd 4L0906961C which is for the mp3 changer and if I`m happy I will get it before I go to holiday this saturday :(.

If anyone have this cd update please send it to me or give me a link to download. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi guys,
I get the last cd and update the mmi. Now I have the mp3`s working on.

Special thanks to everyone who was involved to resolve my problems in this discussion (Tecman, AudiR8, A8 tech, craigyb etc.).

I`ll be away for a month for a holiday. Back soon. See you soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi.. My Car shows: C6StdPlus_0010 wich CD would I need or wich ones to upgrade to latest versions? Iam planning to do a MMi High upgrade(hardware) and thought about this update before doing that to have latest version before running MMi High updates :)

tnx

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a version of MMI Basic Plus head unit at 0080. I would like to update it to the latest. According to information I got, I found out that I need the CD 4F0 906 961 E.
I asked my dealer but they won't sell the CD's because Audi does not allow them to do updates without updating information in their system. And they hesitate a lot to make the update for me, even if I prove them that I really need the update, they will charge me two hours of work - €80 just for updating.
Lots of these CD's are on the internet, but looks like none of them is for me :(

Any ideas what to do? I really need it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a version of MMI Basic Plus head unit at 0080. I would like to update it to the latest. According to information I got, I found out that I need the CD 4F0 906 961 E.
That's right! Only for part number unit 4F0910729P (MMI Basic plus Navigation) with SW 0080 does need of update CD 4F0 906 961 E. After that no more update is posibility. At final configuration on release 060 the main unit will has the SW 0120 on it.I think that will be suport MP3 changer.

For all other variants on MMI Basic has these final release updates:

-A6 (8DN, 8DP) release 328 with CD 4F0998961A (three CD in pack);
-Q7 (8DN, 8DP) release 328 with CD 4L0998961A (three CD in pack);
-A4, A5 (8DN, 8DP) release 430 with CD 8K0998961A (two CD in pack);

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it possible someone to share 4F0 906 961 T? The old download link is not working anymore.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts