Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I`m new in this forum and in audi fiels. I have audi a6 2005 with mmi basic plus - single cd. I trying to retrofit mp3 6 cd changer audi one. I find the mp3 changer and ordered the cables from kufatec. Remove the glove box and connect everyting how kufatec poorly describe (fibre optics and powers). Actually the cd changer is connected through the single cd one and kufatec said that both cd players will working.
Today car was in audi finchley for some diagnostics and I ask them to recode the mmi for media player and etc. how the kufatec writes to me. They did not succeed. When I go to collect the car I spoke with the technikan and he explain me that can not do it. I tell him that possibly the mmi needs some updates to start running with media player 2 and etc. For me personally he is look like LOST. No idea for updates to mmi.

Secondly I have led tail lights. I ask them today to recode the system for leds. They said that and this one can not be done.

I do not have vag com ;-( otherwise I will try to do LED`s by myself.

So, guys please help with mp3 cd changer retrofit. Everything is installed and cables properly fixed. What updates cd I need and if somebody have them lets sort this problems fast. Thank you in advance.

Loosing my time ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi everybody,
I`m new in this forum and in audi fiels. I have audi a6 2005 with mmi basic plus - single cd. I trying to retrofit mp3 6 cd changer audi one. I find the mp3 changer and ordered the cables from kufatec. Remove the glove box and connect everyting how kufatec poorly describe (fibre optics and powers). Actually the cd changer is connected through the single cd one and kufatec said that both cd players will working.
Today car was in audi finchley for some diagnostics and I ask them to recode the mmi for media player and etc. how the kufatec writes to me. They did not succeed. When I go to collect the car I spoke with the technikan and he explain me that can not do it. I tell him that possibly the mmi needs some updates to start running with media player 2 and etc. For me personally he is look like LOST. No idea for updates to mmi.

Secondly I have led tail lights. I ask them today to recode the system for leds. They said that and this one can not be done.

I do not have vag com ;-( otherwise I will try to do LED`s by myself.

So, guys please help with mp3 cd changer retrofit. Everything is installed and cables properly fixed. What updates cd I need and if somebody have them lets sort this problems fast. Thank you in advance.

Loosing my time ...

I live in Colindale and I do have Vag-com. PM me with contact details so we can arrange meeting and will help you with your problem.

Regards,
Tecman

·
Registered
176 Posts
We managed to recode new LED lights in A6 Saloon, but we couldn't get mp3 player working! MMI doesn't show "Source" option on the screen, so you can't change source between CD player with built-in radio and MP3 player.

It's installed as Media Player2 device and it is present in MOST loop without errors (Electrical/Optical), however, it's not listed in hidden menu (return+setup), but when you go to MOST function, MMI low detects 4 devices in MOST loop.
When we removed MP3 player from the loop, it changed number to 3 devices present. It shows: Interfacebox -0x100, AMP - 0x102 and Gateway 0x103. I think, MP3 changer should be discovered as 0x101 (CD changer on my car is 0x101). Any idea here?

Strange thing is that when you go to Media player2 fault codes, it doesn't show anything, even component protection, which I believe it is in.
MMI is running software version: C6StdPlus_0130. Does anyone have newer version of MMI low on the forum and would be able to share with colleague - pa100ra?
I have suspicion, that MP3 player is indeed in CP (but it doesn't show it in logs?), or MMI low version is outdated and doesn't recognize MP3 changer, or combination of both. Could anyone confirm my findings? Craigb?

We've found that Can Gateway was misconfigured (probably during recent visit in Audi workshop - when they tried to enable MP3 changer...), because it had Media Player 3 coded as well, but there is no such device on this car (Media Player 3 wasn't responding to Vag).

Regards,
Tecman

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's no "Source" option on MMI Basic+ (therefore it won't show on the screen). In order to operate cd-changer, all u need to do is press the "CD" button on the MMI control panel. It'll then show the cd player screen with the tracks on the cd if one is inserted. In order to access the cd-changer, there's a "CD Changer" option on the top left corner (i.e. accessible by pressing the top-left function key), by pressing the relevant function key u'll find u can select CD1-7, the 1st 6 being the changer & CD7 being the single cd player.
How did u find out ur MMI Basic+ software version?? I tried hidden menu but there's no hidden menu!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's no "Source" option on MMI Basic+ (therefore it won't show on the screen). In order to operate cd-changer, all u need to do is press the "CD" button on the MMI control panel. It'll then show the cd player screen with the tracks on the cd if one is inserted. In order to access the cd-changer, there's a "CD Changer" option on the top left corner (i.e. accessible by pressing the top-left function key), by pressing the relevant function key u'll find u can select CD1-7, the 1st 6 being the changer & CD7 being the single cd player.
How did u find out ur MMI Basic+ software version?? I tried hidden menu but there's no hidden menu!!

There is no Cd changer menu choice in the top left corner of the screen.

Hidden menu is accessible by return+setup key sequence. In order to access it, you need to be ie. on radio, then press setup button. Then press both return+setup for 5 seconds or little more. You will be able to get to hidden menu if you see on the screen radio screen again (while holding return+setup). When you try to do return+setup on just radio screen (no setup for radio), it will not work.

Regards,
Tecman

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It's because his MMI is too low to support an MP3 CD changer, I did tell the guy this on another forum but he seems to be ignoring this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
part number 4E0 057 110 CX = 4E0 035 110 A NOT MP3

4E0 057 110 C = MP3 AND 6 CD

it looks like your hardware doesnt support mp3 which is causing the issue and im not sure if you can update the sw version but craigy will as i think you need to replace the unit with
4E0 057 110 C.Regards A8

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Response to sarcasm deleted by moderator.

I posted on the Audi Forums that your MMI was too low to support the MP3 CD changer which is why you can't see it. It happens all the time when you add a device that is not supported, for example try adding an AMI to a car before 3460 MMI high, it will not show up.

Hi everyone,
craigyb I did not ignore nothing from anybody. I read and ask for help on several forum regarding my mmi @too [email protected]

Sarcasm deleted by moderator.[/quote]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Craigyb, you are tech man. You understand the things from inside, but I do not.

Sarcastic response deleted by moderator.

A8 tech are you sure that this is not mp3, couse when we connected to the vag com with tecman yesterday it show it like a mp3 cd changer?!? Even if this is not mp3 it`s still not working. I have only the cd player working for now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
part number 4E0 057 110 CX = 4E0 035 110 A NOT MP3

4E0 057 110 C = MP3 AND 6 CD

it looks like your hardware doesnt support mp3 which is causing the issue and im not sure if you can update the sw version but craigy will as i think you need to replace the unit with
4E0 057 110 C.Regards A8
Pa100ra has definitely MP3 Changer,as VAG-Com discovers it as MP3 Changer (I've got screenshots on my laptop, which show exact PN of his unit).

As Craigb said now on 2 forums, his mmi low software is too old to deal with MP3 player, but as someone replied on the other forum, that there are 2 update disks which should sort things out. It's a matter of getting those CDs either from forum member(s) or buying it from Audi. They cost peanuts...Pa100ra, call Finchley Road Audi Parts dept and order those. They will ask you where did you get those P/N - tell them - from Internet forum :lol: They always ask for it in Finchley dealership, dunno why?! :-k

Regards,
Tecman

Ps. Wonder if his MP3 changer is CP,despite not showing it in vag...

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll need of update, if you want to get MP3 cahanger operative in your MMI system.
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0030,0040,0050,0110 and 0130 update with CD 4F0906961T;
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0370 update with CD 4L0906961C-A6 and update with CD 4L0906961D-Q7;
-For MMI Basic Plus N Addr.07 with SW:0080 and 0120 update CD 4F0906961E

·
Registered
176 Posts
You'll need of update, if you want to get MP3 cahanger operative in your MMI system.
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0030,0040,0050,0110 and 0130 update with CD 4F0906961T;
-For MMI Basic all Addr.07 with SW:0370 update with CD 4L0906961C-A6 and update with CD 4L0906961D-Q7;
-For MMI Basic Plus N Addr.07 with SW:0080 and 0120 update CD 4F0906961E
His car reports "C6StdPlus_0130". Using information you gave here, it means that his car is up to date already?!

·
Registered
77 Posts
His car reports "C6StdPlus_0130". Using information you gave here, it means that his car is up to date already?!
First update with CD 4F0906961T-from SW0130 to SW0370.After that update with CD 4L0906961C to SW0410 (this version supporting MP3 changer control);

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
First update with CD 4F0906961T-from SW0130 to SW0370.After that update with CD 4L0906961C to SW0410 (this version supporting MP3 changer control);
Great Emil you are always the best:D:D
I've just sent to pa100ra the link for CD 4F0906961T so now only the newest one is needed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts