Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I am very curious to see what kind of information is displayed on the RNS-E when you are using the OEM Sirius or XM tuner. I've already seen some pix of the channels being listed.

When you select a channel, do you see the channel label (ESPN, 80's music, Country music etc)?

Does it display the current song/track and artist name too? Does that come through on the instrument cluster too?

I'm sure the answer to these questions are "Yes". I'd just love to see what the screen looks like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It displays 2 lines of information below the station line, usually artist and title. The DIS only show XM (1st line) and the station (2nd line) but not the artist or title.
[siteimg:5cae2e0984]256[/siteimg:5cae2e0984]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, but what Stoodo said is the same as I did. The RNS-E displays two lines of text, usually artist and song title. But the DIS doesn't show title or artist, just the station

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was reading throught the owners manual last night (purchased the US owners manual for $5 from that online resource; can't find link at this time). On page 69 (I think) they had a screen shot of XM with channel label, artist and song. Very cool.

I'm OK with not having that info in the DIS. Frankly, that would be too much data to scroll through...and would probably be a bit distracting. Event the current RDS info that comes through the DIS is a big much. To each their own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts