Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finding an amazing amount of useful info on this forum from the likes of Proxus, CraigyB and NSX JR, I took the plunge and fitted the BT unit (8P0 862 335 M) to my Euro A3 8P RNS-E.

I went to get it coded today, and luckily found a helpful Audi mechanic. He managed to code the RNS with no trouble and also coded the BT unit, but it kept coming up with malfunction reports on the telephone module #77 and the CAN gateway. He eventually managed to get the gateway recoded somehow so that there were no faults showing, but still nothing worked. So I drove off dissapointed. Half an hour later I got back into the car, and it all suddelnly seemed to be working except for the phonebook and missed calls etc on the RNS. I can choose the people from my phonebook using the MFSW and the DIS, but it just does not show up on the RNS screen. This must mean that whilst the phone is capable of SIM access, for some reason the RNS doesn't want to show the data.

Sorry for the long post, but does anyone know what might be causing this.

And one other thing, no coding was needed to the steering wheel or DIS as far as I know, but it all works fine including speech control to dial numbers etc. I didn't think my RNS (suffix A) was capable of speech control.

Cheers

Keith

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Speech control of the bluetooth module is handled in the module itself, not in the RNS-E... that is why that part works.

It sounds to me like your car is working perfectly... but your phone is not transferring all the data. Check your phone model against the "bluetooth phone list" in this forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NSX JR. I had already checked the phone compatibility list, but my Ericsson T630 doesn't feature yet, though I've added my own experience with it.

The names and numbers all appear on the DIS so I can't see how it has anything to do with the phone, because the car (or at least the BT unit) is obviously 'reading' the info from my phone Ok.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
keith-i said:
Thanks NSX JR. I had already checked the phone compatibility list, but my Ericsson T630 doesn't feature yet, though I've added my own experience with it.

The names and numbers all appear on the DIS so I can't see how it has anything to do with the phone, because the car (or at least the BT unit) is obviously 'reading' the info from my phone Ok.
I see... so your phonebook does not show up on the RNS-E screen at all. Did you VAG code your BT module to include "headunit"?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I've coded it to accept head unit and MFSW, so it should work. Do you think if I got the code wrong it would not show it in the RNS screen but still show it on the DIS?

The reason I ask, is that there is nothing in the coding of the BT module that refers to the DIS, so if DIS doesn't need coding then why should RNS need any code to get it to display the phonebook.

I knew this was never going to be easy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll have a look at the coding again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.