Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now my only issue is that my phonebook didn't export to the navi. It shows the list of recent calls and received calls, but no phonebook. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Check the list of phones on the thread above this one!

Not all phones have full functionality with the Audi Bluetooth interface, because of firmware limitations in the phones.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Sony Ericsson K750i. It should have full funcionality according to the list...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
... it's also phone firmware version dependent. What phone firmware version do you have?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Update to your firmware R1AA008 that is the latest firmware and is rock solid with the Audi BT kit.

In fact R1BC002 has just been released

key strokes to check your revision in a K750 or W800

>
<
<
<

Craig

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I haven't updated my phone's firmware. In fact, I didn't even know an update was available. I'll go to the SE website.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craig or Dave... I've checked my phone revision and it's R1J002. I've found online where that revision was released in 6/30/05. And I also saw that there are more recent revisions. I downloaded the SE software for Update Service (SEUS) and did everything by the book, but when it checks it tells me that I have the latest software. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Whereabouts are you? only thing I can think of is that our release us EU and you maybe in another region.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in the U.S. The phone is not available here. It's "grey market". It could be that there's no support available when choosing "United States" in the update service program. So I just tried it with choosing United Kingdom instead and it worked! I now have version R1BC002. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so after I updated my software and deleted the existing "device" (the Audi UHV 8215) in my device list, then went to the car and added a new device. It found it again, the two talked, and it looked good. But still no Phonebook. It does appear to be more stable and it added "Missed calls" to my available selections, but no Phonebook. Do either of you guys have this phone? Is there anything that you had to do to transfer your Phonebook or no?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have the K750i, its rock solid and works with every feature, phone books etc.

Craig

·
Registered
117 Posts
craigyb said:
I have the K750i, its rock solid and works with every feature, phone books etc.

Craig
As my current phone has no BT (Nokia 6100) I'm obliged to buying a new one so I can actually use my (to arrive) BT kit.

Is the K750i a good phone, besides the RNS-E functionallity?

I have thought of buying that one!

One other question, is there a program that lets you copy the nokia phone contents to a sony ericsson phone?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
As far as I'm concerned the K750i is a great phone for the money, (free). The 2mb camera is superb, it's a great mp3 player and general speed and ease of use is exceptional. FM radio to boot as well.

I have a 2Gb card installed and I think its great, I was worried about replacing my P910i PDA with a "normal" phone, but the only thing I've really missed is the stylus input.

We have 2 K750's between us and nearly all my firends are using them as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
craigyb said:
As far as I'm concerned the K750i is a great phone for the money, (free). The 2mb camera is superb, it's a great mp3 player and general speed and ease of use is exceptional. FM radio to boot as well.
I agree with you craig and I don't think I ever suggested that I didn't. And I know all of the features of my phone. I've had it for 6 months.

My car is a strange one when it comes to my RNSE swap as a whole. When we first installed the RNSE and Vag'd the car, my cluster display information wouldn't show up. So I go into the house frustrated after trying several different codes. Let the car sit for the night and the next morning when I start the car up to go to work, it's working! When we installed the BT module. when we finished, no sound was coming through the speakers. Let the car sit overnight, bam, the next morning, it's functioning. Then after I posted about this problem, I update my phone, and my phone book still doesn't show up. I let the car sit overnight, and guess what... yup, next morning, it's working.

I love my phone and have since I got it. My phone didn't know that it was dealing with a car that likes to get it's sleep before it plays nicely with new components. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts