Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the BT module in my A3 with Symphony II amd MFSW. Works great except I have no phone book entries displayed in the DIS. My A3 owner's manual says the phone book will be downloaded after the phone has been inserted into the adapter.

Is this correct - no phone book download over Bluetooth - you need the centre console adapter?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine downloads all the call registers, phonebook etc fine from my V3:

What firmware revision are you running on the V3? Might need updating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, some progress. After updating the software on the phone AND copying the internal phone book to my SIM it seems to work. I get the phone book on the DIS.

Can someone else confirm that the Audi BT only syncs with phone book entries stored on the SIM??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
markc said:
Can someone else confirm that the Audi BT only syncs with phone book entries stored on the SIM??
On my SE K610i it syncs with contacts in the phone as well as the SIM.

·
Registered
530 Posts
With my V3 I get both contacts stored on the phone as well as contacts stored on the SIM.

The little icon next to them on the RNS-E screen indicates whether they are on the phone or SIM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alister said:
With my V3 I get both contacts stored on the phone as well as contacts stored on the SIM.

The little icon next to them on the RNS-E screen indicates whether they are on the phone or SIM.
Alister, I notice you have the M BT module - I have the C - maybe this is the problem. Either that or some entry in my phone book is stopping the sync. Do any of your phone contacts have e-mail addresses?

·
Registered
530 Posts
markc said:
Alister, I notice you have the M BT module - I have the C - maybe this is the problem. Either that or some entry in my phone book is stopping the sync. Do any of your phone contacts have e-mail addresses?
As far as I'm aware no one has reported any major differences with the C and M modules. In saying that though the M is the newer module and must at least have some minor firmware changes.

In terms of email addresses for contacts in my phonebook, yes I've got a couple. Haven't really looked into what (if anything) the RNS-E does when attempting to display them though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No luck with even a single entry on the internal PB.

Anybody out there with a V3 and the BT module version C who can confirm if the internal PB syncs as well as the SIM PB?

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.