Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a supported phone list for the Bluetooth module for the MMI system?

The phone I would like to know if the the Nokia 6680 is supported.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
This bit tells me your gonna have issues with it......

S60 software on Symbian OS

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just to encourage you :) I had that Nokia 6680 and I can confirm it's not the best phone to use with BT. 2 or 3 battery per day and only hands free. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the Symbian OS phones have the same issues with MMI systems, just like the RNS-E bluetooth modules..

You would think Audi would sort this out on the MMI based systems

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
They have, it's called SAP

I use a SAP module for my N73 and now the N95

·
Registered
528 Posts
the same

the modules that are the actual bluetooth interface are the same as from the RNS-E or other Audi stock phone just equipped with MOST interface instead of CAN

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wondered if the MMI software had better support for the phones then the can based system.

·
Registered
528 Posts
support

forget about it there the same but in it's possible to update via the most system which is impossible to perform via the CAN-bus.
So if you want to update the A6/A8 it's possible but when you drive an A4/A3/TT you'll have to buy a new unit

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TDiAvant said:
I just found this link on the Nokia web site. Looks like the 6680 does not support SIM access profile.

http://shop.nokia.co.uk/invt/0056528
Why am I not surprised?

Nokia seem to have "lost the plot" when it comes to properly supporting Bluetooth - which with driving while using a handheld mobile now a "£60 plus 3 points on your licence" matter in the UK (and classed as a criminal offence if you apply for a job needed security clearance!) is not what we have come to expect from the leader in mobiles.

As an ex-Nokia employee it pains me to say that ...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
We all lose or way from time to time....

Anyways the new Nokia N95 works very very well with the SAP bluetooth profile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.