Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally frustrating is all I can say about controlling the Phat box.

I'll try the Phat box forum as well...but tell me this if anyone can..

With Symphony I, while browsing the PB artist list, turning the right tuning knob would progress through the alpha list..with announcements of "A", "B", "C". If you selected the desired letter, it would then progress through all the artists that start with that letter.

Is there a way to replicate this on the RNSE? I have a huge music collection and sorting through every artist when I am at Enigma and want to go to ZZ Top is a PITA, and dangerous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That should prove to be a big help...and Todd's custom code could be useful as well, although it has some features i might not want.

Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hope that helps you out. I felt the same way when I first encountered the changes, but am willing to give up a little phat box functionality in return for nav, better sound, and all the other stuff that goes with RSN-E.

I haven't tried adding the script, but it may give you more time... I prefer to think of it as a video game as the original post suggests :)

Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the mod today..it works fine. There is ample time to get to the CD Control screen. If I had one wish, it would be to have the navigation labelled on the RNSE display.. CD2-Playlists, CD3- Albums, CD4-Artists.

And btw, the -> <- arrows work fine for me in Mix mode. Once in the mode and CD1-Mix is displayed, hitting either arrow navigates randomly through the playlist/artist etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.