Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Can anyone please give me the Part Number for the double din ashtray? I retrofitted the RNS-E but I now have a small gap between the ashtray and the new climate control panel. I have the textured Aluminuim finish. I will post a pic under spassmore on the gallery.

Thanks !

Scott

P.S - the normal ashtray is now for sale if anyone wants it - I have front a rear to match.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Part number for the bottom piece should be 8E0 857 951 G 4 PK , the lid is 8E0 857 967 E + color code. However, the was a topic on Motor-Talk.de where someone said that the double DIN ashtray doesn't fit if you don't have the double DIN center console. If you only moved your A/C unit down after installing the double DIN radio cage, the double DIN ashtray may not fit. That's at least what they said over there.

http://www.motor-talk.de/t933252/f306/s/thread.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, the bit at the back of the centre console where either the ashtray on a double DIN, or the knobbly trim on a single DIN go are a bit different. Probably not so different that the new ashtray could not be trimmed, though.

I always thought that the climate control in a double DIN actually stretched all the way to the bottom of the console (as well as not being as wide) so that there was no annoying 1/4inch gap under the climate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys

thanks for the response from all of you. When I retrofitted my nav I bought and fitted the double din bracket, double din climate control and the double din centre console - the only part I didn't replace was the ashtray. From looking at a car with factory nav in the audi showroom it looks like the ashtray body had a little filler piece in it to take up the gap. Do I just buy a new ashtray and then transfer the silver top cover from my exitsing one then?

Thanks

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts