Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to take the plunge and purchase an RNS-E unit (from ebay unless someone can advise me where else).

I've looked at the part codes and it looks from what i can see listed that 8E0 035 192 C is the one i need or can i use 8E0 035 192 D . The part code list seems to say this is for the B7 can someone enlighten me as to whether this will work.

I've done a lot of reading of the forum and can i rightly assume that as i already have a symphony II i can (with the right adapter) plug and play the RNS-E unit.

I would be grateful if someone could let me know as i would hate to buy the wrong thing!

Great Forum guys...excellent reading!

Steve

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Any 8E0 RNS-E will work in your B7 and with the right adapter it's just removing the Symphony, putting the GPS antenna somewhere (behind the instrument cluster) and slide the RNS-E in. However, I would advise against buying from ebay because the adapters you get with those units are in many cases incomplete and you won't get much assistance form most sellers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a B6 not a B7, is that what was meant. I intend to buy the adapter from KaufTec (i think thats what its called), just buy the RNS-E from Ebay.

Can you confirm if the D will fit in the B6 as the part code list seems to siggest a B7

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The B6 and B7 will take the same radios and sat navs - so a B6 unit will fit a B7 and vice versa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.