Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my dealer fit reverse parking sensors to my car.(A4 b7) They told me they are genuine Audi. But I am not sure. Anyway they have put a small speaker under the rear parcel shelf. Problem is if the stereo is loud, I can't hear the beeps. I was woundering if I can make the beeps work through the symphony stereo??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
In theory IF you could find a signal from the parking sensor that goes to ground when it is active then you could connect that to the TEL MUTE input on the RNS-E and the wires from the speaker they added to the TEL LF+ and LF- inputs. Of course if you have a telephone interface already connected then that idea won't work - unless you add a changeover relay on both LF inputs.

AFAIK nobody has done this before - you would be the "guinea pig".

Are you sure it's a speaker they've fitted under the parcel shelf and not a buzzer? If it's a buzzer then that idea won't work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well, you could use Dave's idea above and let the parktronic mute the radio... and then you could hear the buzzer under the rear shelf. Therefore you really wouldn't need to worry about using the symphony speakers as long as you could just mute them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Not really a technical answer to your questtion but if your stereo is that load that you can't hear the sensor's speaker you seem to be an expirienced driver who doesn't need a parking aid. I'm listening to loud music as well but I usually turn it down before I get into a parking box, just to be able to hear/feel if I hit something.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
NSX JR said:
Well, you could use Dave's idea above and let the parktronic mute the radio... and then you could hear the buzzer under the rear shelf. Therefore you really wouldn't need to worry about using the symphony speakers as long as you could just mute them.
True - I missed that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,
thanks for your replies. Yes it is a buzzer, it is activated by the car being put in reverse, so I suppose I could wire up the radio mute too the reverse switch. The buzzer is not very loud and if it was it would be very annouying for back seat passengers. No I don't drive with the stereo that loud, just it is very important to hear the buzzer clearly, so yes I always turn the stereo down when reversing. I thought it would be nice if the volume of buzzer was adjusted up or down depending on stereo volume. Maybe I will connect the reverse switch to a relay and the mute button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts