Audi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi Guys just reading this interesting topic i've got some extra tech info:
The pinassignment of the 4F0 909 509 is:
1- +12v (kl30)
2- W-Bus (goes to the Webasto unit pin 1(not assigned yet)
3- Out for relais (not in use)
4- Can High
5- Can Low
6- GND (kl31)
Fakra connector goes to C-pillar right, on the R24 (must be 4L0 035 225E or G) top connection brown (empty yet)
Can wires are not really neccesary but when connected the telesart module will communicate with the climacontrol in order to change the "flap" stand to the windows for maximum defrost.

When adding the additional N279 Valve (partnumber 7L0 819 076B) for faster heating of the cabin (short cooling circuit) Pin 1 of the valve goes to Pin 4 of the Webasto unit Pin 2 goes to ground

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just one note:
In Audi Q7, the remote telestart module 4F0 909 509, is never connected to the CAN network, the flap position decision, is made by the climatronic control unit based on temperature evaluation and the N279 is actuated by the aux heat controller on request from climatronic control unit.

The remote telestart module is not visible as a separate unit over the CAN network and can not be coded at the gateway level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am considering buying an Audi Q7 3.0TDI 2012 here in the USA, but I would very much like to have the parking heater option, since I eventually will bring the car to Sweden. According to the dealer here in Florida that option is not available for the US market.
I know that the auxiliary heater is factory installed on all European Audi Q7, and thus allows turning it into a parking heater quite easy, but I fear that is not the case for the US version.
Can someone verify if the US version of Audi Q7 has the auxiliary heater factory installed or not?
If the answer is no, is there anyone who has retrofitted it on a US version? And if so, to what cost/effort?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys!

I am interested in N279 valve and considering to add it in my car. Therefore I have some questions, because I have no experience with advantages of this valve.

1. As I understand, this valve helps to raise cabin temperature by preventing engine preheating (while it is not running). Will it start to heat engine (not running yet) when coolant temperature in short circuit will be high enough?
2. What part number of N279 would be for 2006 Q7 3.0 TDI? I have asked at local Audi deal for 7L0 819 076B (mentioned above) and they have told me, that part with this code is only for VW (Touareg + another one). Is part # wrong or they have missed something?
3. Does anybody of you have it added? Are you satisfied with it?
4. Sometimes I need to go for a short distances few times a day. I expect, that this valve would help to warm cabin much faster before drive. Am I right?
5. Is there anything special about this valve fitting? Any additional parts I should know about? etc.

And final one. In general, does this additional feature provides more comfort in winter? Is it worth to retrofit it at all (in your opinion)?

Regards,

eMeR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everytime I set the car to a set timer for aux heating the car battery is down to zero nearly, the car will still start, but don't understand the battery drain, battery is new audi replacement and 10 months old?

Also one time the car windows were all dripping of vapour? Any way of preventing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the Battery going flat.
How long are you running the Q7 between uses of the Aux Heater.
I know that my heater runs for 30 mins, but the battery is still good (about 60%)
The car does need to have a good run to fully charge the battery back up again, if you are only doing a 30 minute drive between uses, this would explain the battery drop.

The vapour can 'sometimes' be a sign of other issues, are your carpets wet (front or back)
Try lifting the carpet back and seeing if it is wet underneath.
If it is, then you may have a roof drain issue.

Other than that, you could try a cheap dehumidifier - one of the use once kind.

Ryan - Worldhosted

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have it running for 60mins, will try 30mins

Floors are ok, its like with you have the heating on and switch off the a/c part by having the econ on, it always mists up my windows???

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
have the heating on and switch off the a/c part by having the econ on, it always mists up my windows???
The aircon dries the incoming air which the heater then warms up so you have warm dry air coming into the car - when that hits the windows there isn't enough mositure content to condense so the windows stay clear.

Turn the air con off and you now have warm moist air coming into the car - as soon as that hits the cold glass it condenses and the windows mist up.

Simple physics...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It works in the A8 but requires different coding compared to Q7, if you have a VAG-COM i can help you with activation.
Hi Neo.

Got my local Audi dealer to do this, but there is a mysterious problem. Webasto will not run for more than 10-15 seconds before it shuts down when using the timer. The climate control will run, but only blowing cold air. If I turn on the webasto while the engine is running it is working fine, but if I then shut down the engine the webasto will shut down after 10-15 seconds (if it's on timer or not). Outside temprature does not matter same issues if it is below zero or below 5 deg.

Dealer says everything is fine, but clearly it is not. I am going to do the remote afterwords, but first need to solve this issue.

I would appreciate any suggestions, I also have VAG-COM.

Regards
Christer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys!

Thank you for an interesting thread!

Newbie question: When using the remote control, will aux-heater automatically turn off at the time set in the MMI for aux-timer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I have to say that this is an excellent thread... and I have learnt a lot , being new Q7 owner ..and learning the way things work is brilliantly discussed here..

I think the answer to my question is within the technical knowledge discussed here, but I cannot make the link...

I had battery replaced recently and since then I am getting this error in VCDS ...:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 105 HW: 4L0 815 071 C
Component: Heizgeraet H07 0060
Revision: 0000000E Serial number: 00000009011043
Coding: 0000002
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: E0C457C33358023

2 Faults Found:
02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
00003 - Control Module
014 – Defective

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 4L0-910-468.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 468 HW: 4L0 907 468
Component: J533__Gateway H06 0040
Revision: 00H06000 Serial number: 0900B06A218068
Coding: F57BBE5F306202
Shop #: WSC 00751 210 83996
VCID: ECDC33F3CF90563

1 Fault Found:
01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 206
Mileage: 53393 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2006.05.17
Time: 04:26:43
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, i cannot get the Aux Heater started... having tried adaptation on Channel 7 as mentioned by Neo ....It doesn't get saved ... always goes back to 0.

I suspect the J644 Energy Management module also needs attention , but what could be done to allow it to communicate with the Aux Heater ?

Please help ..

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sucessfully installed the T91 remote and T91 telestartmodule today.

Bought this one, http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-webasto-telestart-t91-kit-analog-digital,id104.html
Seems that there are new part numbers out. But it is working :)

The hardest part was to get the cable from TelestartModule pin 2 to PIN 1 on Webasto Controller.. Glad I have a mechanic as Neighbour. One beer for good help is cheeper than Audi even here in Norway :)

Power to Telestartmodule-pin 1 and Ground to telestartmodule-PIN6

Coding went fine. Used the Ross-tech cable and went to Module 18, adaptation Channel 4 and changed that to 2. As soon as Learning was blinking I pressed the off button on the remote and the VCS screen shoed "Learned".

Thanks to all on this forum contributing to this thread :) Could not have made without you!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Successfully installed T90 receiver and remote. All information included in this thread was very helpful, thank you all! I agree that the hardest part was getting the cable from the receiver to the webasto controller.

The remote is of the newer design but it still worked without problems. I also attached one picture of the webasto heater located under the left inner wheel cover.

remote.JPG IMG_0125 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
To enable timers in the MMI it is very simple as long as the aux heater control unit is there. To do this you have to check first with a Vag-Com interface if you can see and interogate the controller 18-Aux.Heat. If YES then select controller 08-Auto HVAC (Climatronic control unit) and add 2048 to the actual coding. Save the coding and restart the Climatronic by turning ignition off and on again. Now pressing the SETUP button on the Climatronic Control Unit (NOT THE ONE IN THE CENTER CONSOLE UNDER THE CAR BUTTON) you will see the timers menu active. Using the Climatronic Setup you can turn Aux Heat ON/OFF said:
Question... I just bought V202 VAG reader http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Checker-V202-VAG-PRO-Code-Reader-Can-bus-With-DTC-database-Service-Oil-Reset-/150755503910
and I have no idea how to change code with it... Help?

1. I have changed value 18 (AUX heater) from 0 to 1
2. I have changed value 17 (wsomething else) from 0 to 1
3. I can see value 00022 in info, but dont know how to change it (add 2048 to it). If i go adaptation... it asks channel 0-255
4. My MMI is 4.0.0.2

And Q7 -07

·
Registered
595 Posts
22 + 2048 = 2070

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is coding not Adaptation and is in Climatronic control module.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts