Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted my Nokia 7W car kit (saving up for the RNS-E Bluetooth kit!!) into my non-Bose 2004 A4 Cabrio.

I noticed while doing this that the sound from the phone (its wired into the RNS-E on the TEL+ and - pins) was coming out BEHIND me rather than out of my drivers side speaker!

To investigate, I used the 'FADE' control to fade the audio from front to back.... I get bass out of all speakers when faded to the rear, and treble out of all speakers when faded to the front(!).

My Kufatec loom is obviously up the spout - supported by the fact VAG-COM reports the front speakers as 'open-circuit'.

Anyone come across this before and know of the pins I need to chop and swap - or is there a way of telling the RNS-E to output TEL audio from all speakers? I've seen on the forum that adaptor loom problems do crop up.

Cheers all. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Check out the symphony II to RNS-E harness chart on the downloads page on my website. Your front and rear speaker connections are likely swapped.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha - thanks a lot.

So I'm guessing that even though the car has eight speakers (4 tweeters front, 2 bass front, 2 bass rear) there are still only two connections (front and rear) and that some magic happens somewhere to sort them out?

ta

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm - turns out that Front left and right were back to front which seems to have cured the telephone problem. The rears were wired correctly.

The odd thing is that in VAG-COM, I am still getting a fault code saying that:

{
VAG-COM Version: Release 512.1-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 035 192 C
Component and/or Version: RNS-E HIGH EU H51 0360
Software Coding: 0403413
Work Shop Code: WSC 06335
2 Faults Found:
00878 - Connection to Speaker Front Left
011 - Open Circuit
00879 - Connection to Speaker Front Right
011 - Open Circuit
}

You can also see this live if you go into 'Measure Blocks' and monitor block 003.

I'm wondering if a VAG-COMmer with an A4 or, better, an A4 Cabriolet could check if they get the same fault? The speakers sound like they're working to me!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Have you cleared the fault codes? Unless you clear them they will remain from when you had the wrong connections.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Try disabling the front speaker diagnostics (change your coding from 403413 to 413413), and clearing the fault codes.

Do the fault codes re-appear?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weird

Tried that and the error just came back!

Just buzzed out the cables again and can't find any problem with the loom so I guess it must just be an incompatibility somewhere - all the speakers do appear to be working.

I've just ordered a new A4 Cab today so looks like this mystery may never be solved... but it looks like I'll be going through the whole retrofit procedure again - this time I had the foresight to spec a colour DIS and Symphony radio to make the retrofit a whole lot easier!! I was going to order the new car with DVD Nav but I just have difficulty justifying £2000 when I can retrofit it for about £300 after selling my *brand new and unsued* Symphony my car will come with on Ebay!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts