Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up the fakra adapter properly.. and now i get absolutely no radio reception... whats the deal?? its really starting to frustrate me because everything is installed properly. ugh. anyone?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I got at least 10 stations with just the antenna adapter plugged in. Did you check the plugs? Any damages, e.g. is the small middle pin there on both sides? Did you check the antenna adapter with a multimeter to make sure it's not broken? And btw, what car and what RNS-E?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the F modedl RNS-E and Its installed on a NON-Bose B6 A4 1.8T. I am also having trouble getting my ice-link to change to user interface mode from the ice-link menu mode....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you check the center pins in the antenna connector? And what firmware are you using on the IceLink?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
icelink is on 2.04 firmware. I swapped plugs on the fakra adapter and still nothing.... just static. weird.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Update your Icelink to at least firmware version 2.14. And check if the Fakra connector on the RNS-E has the center pin on both sides.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the unit is damaged, confirmed by trying my friends RNS-E into my car. I couldnt find the firmware update on the dension site, so i just removed it from the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd prefer to not list the sellers name because they are handling this professionally and I wouldnt want to make them look bad because it isnt theyre fault. Everything but the radio works on the unit. (SD, NAV, etc..)

·
Registered
132 Posts
errr that happened to me too - happened that the diversity antenna was plugged in crooked .... i was pissed for a week then found out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah, its not that its connected wrong, i unplugged everything about 5 times, and then tried a different RNS-E and it worked perfect... def the unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.