Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told where I bought the car it uses Liqui Moly...and this is what I should continue to use, change every 10,000 miles.
What are some of you all using? and 10,000 miles...seems a lot to me. Also, there's no dip stick...how does this work if you want to change it yourself?

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are a few good oils out there and Liqui Moly is just fine. You didn't mention what model but probably a 5w-40 is what you want and as a minimum it should meet the VAG spec in your manual and/or the sticker under the hood, 502.00, 505.00, etc... Yes, 10k is fine if you plan on keeping it for a few years but if you plan on the long term you probably want to change the oil every 5~6k miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few good oils out there and Liqui Moly is just fine. You didn't mention what model but probably a 5w-40 is what you want and as a minimum it should meet the VAG spec in your manual and/or the sticker under the hood, 502.00, 505.00, etc... Yes, 10k is fine if you plan on keeping it for a few years but if you plan on the long term you probably want to change the oil every 5~6k miles.
Whats in there is liqui moly 5w40 but under the hood says 0w 30 In texas I assume the 5w40 will be fine V6, 2.9L twin turbo 2019 Auid rs5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With your Texas Wx a 5w-40 is probably fine, might even want to go with a 0w-40.
is 0w - 40 a bit thinner than 5w-40? I just got a real good extractor, and with FCP's exchange program, i'll be changing at least every 5000 miles (or if its the slightest bit colored)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts