Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I know there are some real vag-com experts here so I thought I would post my question.

I just installed a set of factory european recaro seats in my W8 Passat. The european seats do not have the electronics in their belt bucklle like the US buckles do.

Question is does anyone know the European Vagcom setting for the European seats??

I know several folks on this forum have had this issue when they install the recaros in their A6's and solution was to change the settings from, as an example, 307 to 306, 607 to 606 and so on.

I am blazing new trails here in the VW world and no one knows.

So any help or where I might look for help is really appreciated.

TIA,

Steve

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If it's a 3B Passat one option would be to disable seatbelt warning in #17 function 07:

??xxx: Options

+00 - none
+01 - Brakepad warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Windshield washer fluid warning active
+16 - Navigation active

openobd.org does not list any seat specific settings for the 3B.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I suspect the same thing as you... a simple VAG coding change within the airbag control module. You need to tell it that the seatbelt "buckled" sensor is not installed in the car. Do you have the bentley manual for the W8? If not, it may be worth your money to get it from Ross-Tech. Since you own a VAG-COM you can get the maunal for $79 shipped. You may also try looking on the Ross-tech discussion boards and/or email Ross-Tech and ask them. Someone might know there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dirk..

It is a 3BG Passat not sure if that is consided to be different than the 3B.

I will give that a try but what I think I will need is something that basically tells the car there is no seat belt pretensioner. Is it posibble you could try looking for settings that tell the car it does or does no have this feature?

Thanks,

Steve

AudiA4B6US said:
If it's a 3B Passat one option would be to disable seatbelt warning in #17 function 07:

??xxx: Options

+00 - none
+01 - Brakepad warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Windshield washer fluid warning active
+16 - Navigation active

openobd.org does list any seat specific settings for the 3B.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NSX JR said:
I suspect the same thing as you... a simple VAG coding change. Do you have the bentley manual for the W8? If not, it may be worth your money to get it from Ross-Tech. Since you own a VAG-COM you can get the maunal for $79 shipped. You may also try looking on the Ross-tech discussion boards and/or email Ross-Tech and ask them. Someone might know there.
I don't but you are right I ought to get the manual, I guess itss the next thing I do, off I go :)

Steve

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I couldn't find any settings that would point to the seat belt pretensioner. I guess you get better repsonses if you post on the VAG-COM forum on AudiWorld or Yahoo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.