Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and gals), having successfully retro-fitted RNS-E into my A2 (which was never a factory option by the way), I've now added a tuner.

It's kind of working, in that RNS-E can control it and there is a picture although it's green and really fuzzy, probably due to bad aerial placement and no diversity switcher or amps.

Anyhow, all that's connected at the moment are pins 13, 15, 16, 29, 31 & 32 at the back of the RNS-E, as well as the usual +12V, ground and CAN H & L. Now I now that I should have the K-line connected up (VAG-COM can't 'see' the tuner yet) and I probably need a couple more grounds (pins 14 and 30?).

Question is, where to join these up on the tuner - I have no pinout for it.

Any help greatly appreciated by this relative newbie.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
craigyb said:
Been there, done that - there's no info on the 54 pin connector at the tv tuner, albeit the rest of the info is superb. I saw your link to this in an earlier post - I'd recommend the site to anyone who wants a good overall knowledge of RNS-D and tv tuner info.

I'd return the cable to Kufatec, but it's taken an age to get here in the first place and as there is a spare wire in the cable, all I need to do is connect it at each end.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You didn't read it that well then did you...

Pin Function Colour Comment
2 CAN Low Grey/White Connect this wire to the 26 pin connector, pin 26 on the Nav Plus.
3 CAN High Grey/Red Connect this wire to the 26 pin connector, pin 13 on the Nav Plus.
19 Ground Brown Connect to one of the ground connections in the kick panel near the drivers left foot.
20 + 12 constant Red/White Connect to any constant (30) connection. I used one of the terminals behind the bolster under the instrument cluster. It must have power at all time.
21 K diagnostic line Grey/White (standalone) Connect to connector 3, pin 3 on the back of the Nav Plus.

It's obvious which pin that this connects to the K line on your RNS-E as it's clearly marked on the lid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:roll: OMG!

So sorry Craig - the words wood and trees spring to mind.

Please accept my apologies. Hopefully a tail between my legs will not hamper my soldering!

Sorry,

Mike :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts