Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the TV Aerials should be fitted on a Cabriolet ?

I have not ordered them yet, just in case someone has got an alternative suggestions.

Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
Does anyone know where the TV Aerials should be fitted on a Cabriolet ?

I have not ordered them yet, just in case someone has got an alternative suggestions.

Thanks Dave.
They are the same as the FM/AM antennas and they are fitted inside your plastic trunk (boot) lid.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yep, replacement modules required for the boot and 4 new cables to run.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Sugar !

So, does it actually use the existing boot mounted antennas, or do I also need to install additional ones.

The modules I guess are the wide band amps that need to be changed ?

I see that Connect.de sell a kit of four aerials with what looks like built in amps for 100 Euros, has any one tried them ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I've always found the 3rd party systems to be very poor, also where are you going to put them in a cabby?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
craigyb said:
Yep, replacement modules required for the boot and 4 new cables to run.
I've just taken apart this spare S-Line Cabrio Boot lid and removed the following 3 modules,

Left Module : 8H0 035 225 B - Amp ?
Right Module : 8H0 035 225 D - Amp ?
Centre Module : 8H0 919 889 - GPS antenna ?

Can anyone tell from the part numbers if they are wide band enough for TV or am I looking at the wrong modules ?

I haven't pulled my boot lid apart yet so I don't know if mine has the same modules, but if these amps are good for TV then that would be really great.

Also, if the boot lid is the std place for the GPS antenna, on a Cabrio, then I wonder how much wiring is likely to be fitted in my loom ??? :?: :!:

Also also, I have just realised that there are three antenna inputs on the RNS-E, a blue GPS one and a pair of beige ones for FM and what ??? - I think this is refered to as the Diversity input, but I've only just realised I don't know what it's for ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
B & D have been replaced by J & L and are normal radio antennas.

You can easily tell if you have TV module as they have GREEN & BROWN connectors for the TV module

The centre module is GPS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.