Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you purchase the OEM Submarine style antenna's already the color of you car?

I need a Nogaro one if someone has one to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I don't think so. In fact, there were some dealers swapping the outer covers on them if they had to be replaced... and that triggered a technical bulletin instructing them to stop doing that. Instead, they have to paint the new antenna to match.

·
Registered
92 Posts
just buy it from the dealer.. its like 200 -230.. then get a shop to paint and install it for you.. can't be that much for painting something the size of a cup

·
Registered
996 Posts
I can't wait to hook mine up. Once my parts from vagparts arrive, I'll be able to "mock" install the roof fin (using zip ties to my roof rail) to test the SAT and GPS functionality. If all goes well, then I'll remove the rear part of the headliner and D-pillar and finish the install for good.

Can't wait to get rid of the Sirius "hockey puck" and install this for good.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
996 Posts
nope. Mine came in silver..so it matches my exterior already.

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8435#8435

see also my pdf on www.nsxjr.com. Stay tuned.

I probably won't install this for another 6 weeks. I've been too busy retrofitting a set of OEM sport/RS6 seats in my 2001 A6 Avant. All is good....thanks to the help of Lee Hicks!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
nope. Mine came in silver..so it matches my exterior already.

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8435#8435

see also my pdf on www.nsxjr.com. Stay tuned.

I probably won't install this for another 6 weeks. I've been too busy retrofitting a set of OEM sport/RS6 seats in my 2001 A6 Avant. All is good....thanks to the help of Lee Hicks!!
To clarify this... Ted bought his antenna USED... and was lucky enough to find one in his color. These are not painted if you buy them new.

Also, Ted has a 2001 Avant... which has the older roof antenna for AM/FM, so there won't be any drilling required.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got a use one from german ebay, took it a part and got it painted drilled hole and installed it wirh an extension from euro-parts .
mine came with 4 connection but i only used the one for the nav and it works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts