Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to put this info out there in case anyone is interested.

The OEM BT module will work in your vehicle if you have the multifunction steering wheel, even if you only have the symphony II radio. This would be a nice upgrade for anyone looking for a blutooth solution without having to get the whole RNS-E package. The telephone will only be controlled via the steering wheel, but you will be able to scroll through your contacts list in the upper part of the DIS and dial or answer calls with the phone button. Obviously, you won't have the nice RNS-E screens with missed/dialed calls, etc, but it will still mute the radio and have basic functions.

This is ONLY for Symphony II radios. If you have a symphony I radio, that means your car is not on CANbus and this installation would not be possible. Of course, it is possible to upgrade from symphony I to symphony II and install the CAN enabled steering wheel control unit. In this case, the car would be ready to accept the BT module.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's what I'm trying to tell the guys on AudiWorld but nobody made the step yet. Thanks for confirming this idea though. I suppose this also includes the Concert II head unit as it is CAN based as well.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have long though this to be the case, in fact as long as you have a canbus cluster & MFSW you can use the BT kit, I would guess Concert II or Symphony II.

Of course if you have a cradle you can also do it. Controlling the phone via voice controls.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
That's what I'm trying to tell the guys on AudiWorld but nobody made the step yet. Thanks for confirming this idea though. I suppose this also includes the Concert II head unit as it is CAN based as well.
Yes, sorry I left out the Concert owners...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts