Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently retrofitted an OEM Bluetooth module in my B7 A4 with a MFSW, color DIS and Symphony II headunit. Everything seems to work ok, but I'm wondering if I've coded the Bluetooth module correctly.

If the radio is on and I hit the voice dialing button, I momentraily get the message "No Funct" followed by "SPEAK" on the DIS. I also get the standard voice prompts from the BT module. If the radio is not on, I simply hear the voice prompts, but nothing on the DIS. Voice dialing works fine. I'm just curious why I'm seeing "No Funct". Is this the intended function? or do I not have the proper coding?

Telephone Controller - 77
Coding: 0001877

I tried coding to 0011877, but that makes the left 'Mode' button to also momentarily display 'No Funct' before normal operation. I also tried 0001677 (which I thought would have been correct since I do not have RNS-E), but that did not change the behavior. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-mike

Coding Info
STG 16 (MFSW): 2142
STG 17 (Instruments) --> Adaptation Ch 62: 19 (originally 17)
STG 56 (Radio): 1005
STG 77 (Telephone): 0001877
'G' Bluetooth Module
VAG-COM version: 607.3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK. Figured it out. The Symphony II head unit was miscoded.

STG 56 (Radio) was coded to: 1005 . I changed it to 1065 and the mysterious "No Func" disappeared from the DIS. I also changed the coding on the Steering Wheel (STG 16) from 2142 to 4142 to match the coding info on de.openobd.org, though the key change was to change the "0" to a "6".

STG 56
0? xxx: Radio configuration 4
0 A8/A2
1 - A4 (B6)
2 - A6
3 - A4 (B6) Cabrio
4 - TT
5 - A3

0x? xx: Radio configuration 3
+1 - Fader out
+2 - Bose announcement
+4 - Active amplifiers switch off with telephone call

0xx? x: Radio configuration 2
+1 - Navigation
+2 - Telephone
+4 - SBS (language operation)

0xxx?: Radio configuration 1
+1 - Diversitybox
+2 - CD change-over switch
+4 - Multi-function steering wheel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.