Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wait a couple of minutes after ignition before turning on the RNS-E, I get the proper song names instead of the filenames. If I turn the RNS-E on sooner than that, I have the "filename instead of song name" problem.

Can somebody else try this and see if this is the case?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, this was driving me crazy. I never tried what you did...but as the songs played, they would often convert from file name to ID3 tag.

I solved this once and for all by using playlists.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've found that if you turn the key to the on position for a brief moment prior to starting the car, functions like the compass and Nav directions come up on the DIS without having to turn the RNS-E off then on again.

Sounds like something along the same lines..

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
MoroIsAnOrange said:
If I wait a couple of minutes after ignition before turning on the RNS-E, I get the proper song names instead of the filenames. If I turn the RNS-E on sooner than that, I have the "filename instead of song name" problem.
Sounds like the RNS-E reads the SD card as soon as it gets the ignition on signal on the CAN bus, and if you wait until it has fully read the SD card before turning the RNS-E on then it shows "song name" instead of "track name".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.