Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 s4. It has the navi in the cluster with the gauges. When I turn everything on, nothing comes on the red DIS screen. Just three red lines then it cuts back off. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Brandon2000S4 said:
I have a 2000 s4. It has the navi in the cluster with the gauges. When I turn everything on, nothing comes on the red DIS screen. Just three red lines then it cuts back off. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
If you see nothing in your DIS then the cluster is probably broken. When you turn ignition on, something should show up as the car does it's auto check. You can disable displaying the outside temp, DIS and radio data but you cannpt disable auto check as far as I know. It would be worth to get a fault scan with VAG-COM, this should show if there are any fault logged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright well at night it kinda lights up. like half of the pixels work and the other have dont. You can kind of see what it is saying but its not clear. I dont know how to check the vag codes. How do i do that?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The B5s are notorious for having dodgy DIS displays so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the issue.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Everytime I've heard of people getting the B5 DIS fixed, it has involved replacement of the cluster..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts