Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 Audi A6. Love this car.. But NAV is not installed..

I went to the dealer to find out if this could be added.. They say NO ? I find this unbelievably hard to swallow. The buttons are in place the screen is ready.. Could it be that Audi did not think that someone may want to add this ?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.. I

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have the color MMI it can be done, although it's expensive. If you have the basic MMI with the red screen, get a new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
If you have the color MMI it can be done, although it's expensive. If you have the basic MMI with the red screen, get a new car.

I have the color screen.... Expensive is a relative amount... But Im willing to pay...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't have the part numbers but it's basically getting the navigation unit, the fiber optic and coper wiring, getting everything installed and getting everything activated by the dealer. I would start first trying to find a dealer that is willing to enable the components and then do the research on how to get the cables and navigation unit.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tintin4fun said:
Here's a DVD-based navigation retrofit kit for cars equipped with MMI High:

http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info.php/info/p441_Komplett-Set-DVD-Navigationssystem-Audi-A6-4F.html

I takes no longer than 1 hour to install (i've done it myself on my car). Everything will work at once, but you will eventually have to visit your dealer to code your car to recognize the DVD-navigation-unit. Any Audi-dealer should be able to do this (it takes a couple of minutes - my dealer did it for free).
Thanks Much ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tintin4fun said:
Here's a DVD-based navigation retrofit kit for cars equipped with MMI High:

http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info.php/info/p441_Komplett-Set-DVD-Navigationssystem-Audi-A6-4F.html

I takes no longer than 1 hour to install (i've done it myself on my car). Everything will work at once, but you will eventually have to visit your dealer to code your car to recognize the DVD-navigation-unit. Any Audi-dealer should be able to do this (it takes a couple of minutes - my dealer did it for free).
Not to illustrate my noobness more.. but I am looking at adding the kufetec nav as well as the voice recognition.. However it says MMI High Required .. How do I verify this system is MMI HIGH ??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Color MMI screen and NAV button on the center controls whould indicate that you have MMI High.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.