Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found out that my sport/xenon/open sky equipped A3 DOES NOT have a trip computer. how does that affect my ability to retrofit NAV+? do i have the appropriate connections behind my single DIN concert radio to use with the adapter to connect the NAV+?

also, since i have no trip computer, my wiper stalk DOES NOT have the scroll buttons underneath it. will this affect the NAV in any way?

TIA :( :( :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have no problem to install the rns-e. You just have to order the wiring harness from kufatec.de. The only problem not having a FIS is that certain information from your unit will not be displayed on your instument cluster. Not something to be too worried about. :) Don't forget that you also have to change your single din cage to double din. Also the climatronic unit will have to be exchanged with a new one that fits. Hope I helped you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks attalus.....do you know if i can just change the faceplate on my climate control unit instead of buying a new one? i have heard of someone simply cutting his single DIN control unit down and using it in his double DIN set-up, so the issue is with the faceplate, and not the control unit behind. i don't really like the thought of cutting mine down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is possible to use a dremel to trim the outer edges of the clima faceplate to fit in the double din cage. I've seen pictures and I couldn't tell the difference but i guess it depends on the person that is doing it. How well skilled he is. I don't know if it would be possible to find only the faceplate of a double din clima. Only on ebay but that is a long shot too. One good solution is to buy a used one fully working from an auction ( always have in mind though that buying used things in auction is not a 100% safe bet. I bought mine from ebay perfect condition as new it only has seat heater controls also that my old one did not have but that is not a problem to me. You have options you see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts