Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me, i have decided i like the Nokia N80 so much that i am prepared to lose the phonebook, signal strength, missed calls on my audi bluetooth but i would like to be able to at least use the handsfree function, but for some really wierd reason it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection and then seconds later it comes back. i have had a V3 and SE K750i which worked fully but this thing even though its a brilliant phone keeps losing connection and i hoped someone could help me !!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
This is a known "feature" (=bug) with all the Symbian based 3G Nokia phones running version 2 software. I have exactly the same problem with my Nokia N70 running v2.0539.1.2 software.

There is supposed to be a v3 software version that fixes it, but I have a Vodafone phone and v3 isn't yet available for it.

It's almost annoying enough for me to change from a Nokia phone for the first time in 12 years - but I would need to know for sure that the replacement 3G phone I buy is 100% compatible with my Audi Bluetooth system.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I now have an N91 running V1.00.028.58

No problems connecting or dropping calls etc, just no phone book, missed call etc.

Nice phone though and the 3G and WIFI make it very useful.

Craig

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an HP Ipaq 6915 and I get the bluetooth drop problem also. Its most likely to be the sw on the ipaq since I dont get it on my K750i or v3i.
I have tried it in my A4 which has an SW HCB 30 in it and it seems to work ok...
I'll try a rom update on it and see what happens.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your help glad its not me only then Petroldave where can i get the V3 software i am on o2 and how do i get the upgrade if its available, really dont know what to do i love the phone but i do miss the phone book and missed calls etc if it stayed connected i could proberly live with it. did notice one thing unlike my previous phone which showed the phone signal all the time this does not show it all the time but will come on when there is no signal it shows the bars all empty

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Petroldave just found out how to see what firmware i have and its the RM-92 V3.0617.0.6 which means i have v3 so i guess i get another phone or just put up with it really P****ed off now but thanks for your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I know someone here in France with version A of the bluetooth module that has the same behaviour you describe with his N80.

I managed to get one N80 for a couple of days and no problem at all with M telephone module (just no phonebook & dials sync).

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Version M has new firmware and added more phone profiles. That's why it is working. You could also find if any other firmware for your mobile will be more compatible with Audi TEL interface. Sometimes it is just a matter of loading new firmware to your phone.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there anyway of upgrading the firmware on the audi bluetooth module

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It should be possible but taking in consideration dealers lack of knowledge in that area, I wouldn't count on it. It will be way easier to find proper Nokia firmware version working with this phone and TEL module.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
livefour2day said:
is there anyway of upgrading the firmware on the audi bluetooth module
It can only be done when installed in an A3 (because it gets done via CAN Diagnosis). And then the question remains if the dealer (who has to do it with his VAS) is willing to do so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that sucks I just ordered a BT kit and I have the N80....do you guys know if the LG Chocolate phone works with the AUDI BT module...

·
Registered
117 Posts
oh great i have an n80 on the way too... may just have to stick to my 6280...

Although i can confirm RM-92 V3.0617.0.6 is the latest version

I have a link to a firmware update site for the N70 & N80 for those will older version, dont know if i should post it here though

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have got so fed up with it i have now sent it back and swaped it for the nokia 8800 spoke to Nokia there is no plans for a new firmware upgrade so you could be waiting ages personally it P*****d me off so much i got rid of my N80 and i have to say the N80 is the best Nokia i have had to date

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well i could always swap my n80 for the g/f's 6280... She's just had hers replaced so new for new.. But yeah the N80 is a great phone - if a little clunky. I rang Nokia - I am a club member - and berated them for not sorting this out - they didn't care. Audi or BMW BT prep cars - don't care if it doesn't work. Tried the Pie software and that may work in the future but for now its a non-starter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
what setting did you use in your phone as my n80 arrived today and so far it hasnt dropped the connection..?

No phonebook or other features but its stayed connected

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it will stay connected for a couple of days but over a period of a week it got progressivly worse

·
Registered
14 Posts
from the off mine dropped signal - with the exception of when paired for the first time - then it held signal till ignition off. What audi blue tooth module are you running blah? craig has offered to swap mine for a newer version (bless'em)

·
Registered
117 Posts
8P0 862 335 C got mine fom craigb too...

Im guessing the M version is the one to have, been out for a bit tonight and it dropped a couple of times

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.