Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The connectivity of this phone and Audi's Bluetooth are amazing.

Aside from access to incoming calls, missed calls, dialled calls and the phone book, it also streams the phone's ringer over the car's speakers and also shows icons for each contact (home, office, fax, etc.)

I havn't checked if speed dial through the RNS-E interface works, but that would be icing on the cake!

My only complaint is the battery life which seems very short. It did come with a second battery and the desktop charging crade charges both the phone and spare battery at the same time, but still I went through a full battery in about 3 hours. It was almost none stop use...settings and just messing with the phone.

Nokia 8800 Black

·
Registered
63 Posts
HX_Guy said:
My only complaint is the battery life which seems very short. It did come with a second battery and the desktop charging crade charges both the phone and spare battery at the same time, but still I went through a full battery in about 3 hours. It was almost none stop use...settings and just messing with the phone.
I was using the Nokia 8801 a while back and I notice the same problem with battery life. The phone is not known for its battery life in general...and I think that turning on the Bluetooth just drains the battery that much more quickly. For the time I used it, I just made it a point to plug it in to it's car charger if I was gonna be in the car more than just a few minutes.

The buttons were a bit small for my fingers...but it remains an amazing phone!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has all the features I need, I really wouldn't use anything else.

The speed dialing doesn't work, oh well. I had a Samsung phone that used to work which was nice, you could just dial a "2" on the RNS-E display and it would dial who ever you had programmed in the speed dial.

One other cool thing that's I'm loving about it is that it allows you to set a profile for the handsfree. I always found it annoying to have the loud RNS-E ringer and this is a perfect solution. I set it to just beep once for handsfree, and since the 8800 streams it's ringtone over the speakers, when I get a phone call...it mutes the radio/cd then just produces a polite "beep". When not connected to the RNS-E, the phone uses it's standard profile and rings as normal.

Gotta love it! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts