Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. One of my first posts here, even though I have been reading for about 6 months :) Before I move on the topic, I wanted to say 'Thanks' for having all that information nicely organized and available, and 'Thanks' for sharing your knowledge.

Now.. On topic - I got A3(8P) about 2 weeks ago, with factory Bluetooth and Nav+. I am trying to connect Nokia 6280 (Version 03.60 as of 10.02.06). My problem is that the phone will stay connected for about 3 minutes and then it will disconnect. After few seconds it will connect again, and that toes one forever. Very annoying.
There have been only one time in which the BT module and the phone worked ok for about 20 minutes, while I was on the phone, and once I ended the call it started again its 3 minutes tirade.
I tried few thinks with the phone, first:
- Turned off screen saver
- Turned off power saver
- Turned off sleep mode
But had no luck.
Then I tried recoding the Telephone module (77). Originally I had (have) there 0011477, but non of the codes that I found around the site worked for me.
Last night, suspicious of the BT module functionality I tried pairing friend of mine's phone (T-Mobile SDA with Windows Mobile) and for my unfortunate surprise it all worked fine - phone book sync, voice dialing, call lists, etc.

I see that Nokia 6280 is on the list of fully supported phones, and I wonder, what could my problem be.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I might have an idea of what the problem is.
I am e-mailing Nokia to confirm my theory.
It seems like the new firmware versions for Nokia 6280, are attempting to conserve a power by shutting down inactive connection over the Bluetooth. Could be that the car's BT module can not handle that kind of ping-pong and thus drops and re-established the connection every time this occurs.
Could be that the change was made for firmware post the V 3.38 (I have V 3.60), as this is the one that is indicated in the supported phone list, and it seems that the guy who posted the information did not have any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.