Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XM receiver is activated and showing station data, but I'm basically getting no audio. Since putting my XM-->RNSe adapter I've gotten a LOT of electrical feedback through the system. I can faintly hear (what I think is) the audio, but turning the volume control up has no effect on it, and it's barely audible over the feedback. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What is an XM->RNS-E adapter? What did you have before you installed the RNS-E (or was it factory installed)?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I suspect you got an adapter that does not include the CD changer connections. This would explain the lack of XM audio (since the XM tuner uses the CD changer audio wires).

·
Registered
996 Posts
agree with nsxjr. the audio feedback that you are getting is because their aren't any audio signals being received by your RNSE and it is just picking up "stuff" off the rnse.

This is an easy fix. Just some pins and wires. See nsxjr.com for his audipins page in the downloads section.

I have a bunch of spare parts, so if you want to ship me your harness, I could easily fix it for you.

-ted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts