Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anything that needs to be reflashed / grounded after removal of the sirius tuner. I recently removed mine from my car and now my cd-changer in the glove produces no sound to the speakers. It loads and recognizes the cds, shows that it's playing the songs but I can't hear anything. Advice?

By removing the Sirius tuner I mean that I disconnected all wires to it in the trunk. Is there more I need to do?

(cross posted this in off topic)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, you need to bridge the audio in and audio out on the Sirius tuner and you should also change the CAN plug in the passenger footwell. Check NSX Jr's RNS-E retrofit guide http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNS.pdf, page 19, for the connections at the SAT tuner and check http://audi.barrystuff.com/s4/satRadio/s4_sat_canBus.pdf for the required CAN BUS connector changes. Ask your dealer, there might actually be a jumper plug for the SAT receiver because the 2006 A3 that came prewired for SAT and CD-Changer had such a jumper installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I changed the CAN bus already. By at the sat tuner you mean the wires going that used to go into the sat tuner need to be altered? Is there an easy way to bridge the wires if I can't find the jumper? / would you/anyone know the part number for the jumper?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The wires going to the SAT receiver, no idea if you can source the male plug and pins anywhere but as I said, your Audi dealer may have one laying around from a previous install. Or you could build your own male jumper somehow. The connector coming from the car is female you it should be easy to make something that fits.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Exactly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered the parts (the housing plug and the wires are sold separtely), connected the wires to the plug, attached to car, PROBLEM SOLVED!

For anyone else who may go down this route, the part #s are:

Housing: 8E0-972-576
Wires: 000-979-012-A

You need three of the wires and one housing - should run you about $15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.