Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 - A3 and I just retrofit the RNS-E nav unit.. I was walking thru the settings and I was trying to set Adjustments settings for the Instrument panel.. The walkthrus all say to go to channel 62. When I go to that channel using Ross-Tech VAG-COM I get an error about there not being a channel 62. I have searched the forums with no luck.. So what is the real number for this mythical channel 62?

Josh Handel
Austin, TX.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have no DIS, channel 62 may not be present because it would not be of any use. Channel 62 controls how information are displayed on the DIS, without a DIS the value would be 0 anyway. However the A3 8P should have the required Infotainment CAN from the CAN gateway. So devices that require the infotainment CAn shoudl still work, even without DIS.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The 8P A3 does not have the adaptation channel 62 in the cluster. Just do the long coding in the CAN Gateway for navigation and telephone and you will be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gatcha.. thanks for the info.. Ok next question.. I can scroll thru my bluetooth phone book via the DIS but when I go to the phone book inside RNS-E its empty... Is that normal? is there a way to get it to copy over? I mean its obvious that the BT connection is reading the phone book so.. how do I get it into the RNS-E?

Thanks for the help.

Josh

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
jhandel said:
gatcha.. thanks for the info.. Ok next question.. I can scroll thru my bluetooth phone book via the DIS but when I go to the phone book inside RNS-E its empty... Is that normal? is there a way to get it to copy over? I mean its obvious that the BT connection is reading the phone book so.. how do I get it into the RNS-E?

Thanks for the help.

Josh
Are you looking in the RNS-E directory, or are you looking under the "Memory" menu within the TEL screen? The contacts will not go into your RNS-E "NAME" directory, this is a completely separate thing.

If you are looking at the TEL memory screen, then perhaps you have not coded your BT module correctly for the car. Your coding should be 0011477 in the A3 to enable the RNS-E "HIGH" functions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) thanks. Its all working, I wasn't looking in the right place (as you suggested)...

So from what I can tell, I will need manually add people to my "phonebook" inorder to use voice dialing on those people. I can't voice dial the names in my phones memory.. But I can scroll thru the phone memory and see the users in the tel > memory menu..

So is there a way to do a copy from memory into the Names or Phone book?

Thanks
Josh
PS: If this is in the manual then ignore me, I'm still reading the manual.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You cant voice dial from your NAME directory either. Dont worry about the NAME directory at all, it is more for use with the navigation portion of your RNS-E.

To store voice tags, scroll to the desired contact on the DIS then press and hold the voice button. The system will beep then say "STORE". Follow the prompts from there and you can store voice tags for the contacts in your DIS. You can then use the voice tags by pressing the voice button and saying: "Select Name", speak the desired voice tag, then say "DIAL".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.