Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After retrofittin DVD-navigation I'd like to "pimp my car" further :wink: I'd like to retrofit "bluetooth only incl SDS"? Any considerations?

Anyone done this? Is it true that there's a spot under the drivers seat for the base-unit? I've read somewhere that you have to cut it out yourself - is this really true?

And how much cabling must be done? Where's the correct spot to place the microphone?

This is the one:
http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info...Bluetooth--incl--Sprachbedienung.html/cat/111

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What car do you have?

You may be better posting in the multimedia forum unless you have a current A6, current A8 or Q7 (only those cars have the MMI system).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry

Oh, I'm sorry! I have the current A6 Avant model 2007 (the c6 / 4f version) with MMI high (color screen).

I thought this was the critera to post topics in this thread. But since so many have difficulties to choose the right forum, I understand your question.

So any considerations or thoughts about retrofitting "bluetooth only incl SDS"??

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Bluetooth is straight forward and the SDS is a module that plugs into the radio, you have to get the right language module for the SDS.

Once you have the SDS and bluetooth, just programme the can gateway to accept them.

Programme the bluteooth module x10900

Not sure about the SDS

Craig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bluetooth

I am installing Bluetooth kits in Southern California for A8 with OnStar and A6/C6 and Q7 vehicles. The SDS in the Bluetooth module is not the same as the SDS which runs the MMI. The MMI SDS is the unit which plugs into the radio. This is not Bluetooth. The Bluetooth module, itself has SDS capabilities for Telephone function only. Installing it requires complex coding and adaptation of several control units of the MMI system and fiber optics installation. As far as I know I'm the only one in the US who has successfully retrofitted Bluetooth into these cars. Send me an email for any questions. [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.