Audi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know this US unit : 8E0 035 192 J ?
It's the new successor from 8E0 035 192 F Unit !!!! :shock:

Is the price 2500,- incl.: kufatec cabels with bose or non bose, gps, antenna, removal keys, user manual, code card, code and p&p good?
:p

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I doubt that there is any J unit at all (unless I see the screenshot of VAG).
F unit was just released and logically going by the alphabet G would be the next one. Since US development of firmware doesn't event measure up to fast EU changes in functionality I doubt that we wil see new versions any time soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not Japan version, the US 2006 DVD is work very good and very very fast ! :shock: :shock: It's the fastest Unit what i have ever seen.
The Unit is only built in Japan !
Its from Oct. 2005 :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I know MarioA4. He is from germany, and he knowsthe differences between the units very well. So I'm pretty sure the J-version is the new US version. Mario: can you please tell whether there's something changed on the front of the unit? Other buttons? If so: please publish a photo

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
MarioA4 said:
I DONT'T THINK SO !

:lol:
Can you connect it to VAG and post a screen shot? You can also take a picture of CAR info screen with hardware version.

Numeration is not off because latest HW was 70 with SW 0020 & 0040 so if this is real latest unit it could be numbered 71 with preloaded US SW 0110. The question is why would Audi skip few letters in symbol marking?

F - is the latest US
G - ?????? (could be upcoming new EU unit then)
H - is the HIGH EU unit with SDS

also I'm really suprised (if all of this is a truth) that AOA is releasing new US unit while F unit wasnt even introduced (or was rarelly) to US market :shock:

·
Registered
75 Posts
PROXUS said:
I doubt that there is any J unit at all (unless I see the screenshot of VAG).
F unit was just released and logically going by the alphabet G would be the next one. Since US development of firmware doesn't event measure up to fast EU changes in functionality I doubt that we wil see new versions any time soon.
I have some US J units if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
MarioA4 said:
@PROXUS >> Do you believe me now? :p
well I guess you were right then =D>

That will only mean one thing...it's really possible that new G unit is coming soon for EU market. And to be honest I'm kind of suprised by 2 things

1. why US units are poping out in EU while they are not really available in US (at least dealers don't know about them, neither AoA)

2. Why they are releasing new verions while there is no hardware changes (and I mean it ...except SDS units there is not a lot changed)

I spoke with Audi technician from Vienna and he said that lettering in the end of the model number is not a version number but revision mark. This way dealer is able to say right away about original HW/SW configuration. Not sure how correct is that, but now once you posted those pics, it will make some sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts