Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new guy here with a Bluetooth question.

I have paired my phone and all of the numbers loaded onto the DIS, the steering wheel controls all work, but TEL on the RNS still tells me to use my cell phone. I am not getting anything on the RNS to allow me to setup any TEL functions, nor am I getting a BT icon showing. I can make and receive calls from the steering wheel, use all of the steering wheel functions, but nothing on the RNS. Is there something I am missing? Is this as functional as it gets? Is there some code that the dealer didn't enter?

From the looks of this forum, I am sure you all can help...

My details: '06 S4 and Nokia 8801

Thank you

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What software are you using on your RNS-E? North America or Europe?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems indeed to me that your dealer entered a wrong code on your telephone system (FSE). It looks like it is programmed for "telephone basic mode" i.s.o. "telephone comfort" mode. You have to tell them to enter a "1" in the fifth digit position (i.s.o. "0" which it probably has now). As an example in my case I have the code 11822 programmed. Since this fifth digit is not effected by computer dialog (question / answer system) but needs to be hard programmed this is easily overseen by the Audi mechanics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in N. America. I don't know what software version I am running, if someone can tell me where to find it, I will provide it. I just bought the car in January, it still had the wrapping on it when I went for delivery, so it was very new to dealership then (don't know if that helps).

Is the correct code something that I can enter myself?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mklucas said:
Is the correct code something that I can enter myself?
If you have VAG-COM then yes, otherwise someone near you with VAG-COM can do it, or your dealer.

It's not something you can enter from the controls of the RNS-E or the car.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Press the CAR button on your RNS-E, select Version and check what the Software version is on your unit. You will need version 0110 (instead of 0020 or 0040) to get the additional phone features. You will also need to have you phone interface coded properly but the correct software on the RNS-E is the first step.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So my car is at Audi serice right now. I just went down to speak with the tech in person and he is going to call Audi Technical to try and get me the new software version (0110), he then didn't know where to enter the code once that is done. He showed me the screen and there are a number of different phone items in the menu - I think number 76 & 77 were a couple. If I can get the software upgrade from Audi, then where do I tell him to enter the above mentioned "FSE" code?

It amazes me that I (or you) need to tell an Audi tech how to make their cars work properly... But they've got the equipment in this case.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It amazes me that I (or you) need to tell an Audi tech how to make their cars work properly... [
Exactly. It took me three month to get my phone working up to full functionality (factory fitted FSE) where I, with the info and input from this forum, had to tell the Audi techs what to program.

In my case though they did know how to access the FSE. I'll check this out for you this weekend and let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, thanks for the reply and the info. My car's unfortunately in the dealership with other issues so I'll let them know on Monday and we'll see if they can get it fully functional.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts