Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. All this navigation stuff is new to me, and I am trying to figure it out. I recently, about a month ago, got a 2001 audi TT. I would like to get nav in it, and from the information that I have found out it shouldnt be that hard to do. I have the bose concert sound system. What other peices of hardware do I need to add nav to the small screen in my instrument cluster. If one of you could please point me in the right direction I would appriciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There is no RNS-E units for TT model.
You could wait for release of Symphony + but even then I'm not sure if you will be to install one in 2001 TT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, well I know the 2001 TT models came with the navigation option. Does anybody know what hardware I would need to have this feature? There has to be a way...

It might not be RNS-E or anything, I dont know the terms on this stuff, I just know it can be done! :shock:

Thanks for the prompt responses

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
NeXeA500 said:
ok, well I know the 2001 TT models came with the navigation option. Does anybody know what hardware I would need to have this feature? There has to be a way...

It might not be RNS-E or anything, I dont know the terms on this stuff, I just know it can be done! :shock:

Thanks for the prompt responses
The navigation option on the TT was the BNS which gives voice prompts and uses the DIS - it doesn't have a display of it's own, and uses CD maps.

One owner has fitted an RNS-D into a TT, but the website that showed the install has gone down :(

You could be the first brave person to retrofit an RNS-E into a TT?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, got it. Thanks for the help. However, I DO NOT want to be the first brave one to try that install! I wouldnt know where to begin.

Anyway, about the BNS. How do I find this? I assume its hardware i need to install. Any info on where to get it and how hard it is to wire up?

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I know this isn't really what you asked...but in your case I would much rather go with an aftermarket single DIN navigation system with fold out screen. The BNS nav is pretty awful to use from inputting data to the simple turn by turn instructions it gives. Based on the fact that you'd spend hundreds on all the parts, and the fact that all the maps are on 10 different CDs, you may want to consider a full touchscreen system from Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Eclipse, et. al.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
changing cd? man, that sucks. I dont even really like changing the cd's in my 6 disc changer.. Your probably right, i should just save my $. I'll prob put it into some nice rims or something, but thanks anyway man.

Thank you all for your help and prompt responses. I appriciate it!

~Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts