Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

Just found this site and would be interested to hear your comments or guidance as to where I might find the information.

I am an Englishman living in Moscow Russia and I drive a 1998 Audi 8 (4.2). The car was imported from Germany and is equipped with the 'CONCERT' radio and 6 disc CD changer located in the boot (trunk).

I would really like to up-date or change the whole unit or parts of the unit so that I can play music media other than standard CD's. Due to the Concert's non standard size what are my options,

Can I just swap the CD changer for a more modern box?

Can I just add a Phatnoise or IPOD without a big installation job?

I understand that the CONCERT is made by Panasonic and I have posed the same question to them about an up-date option.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You might get more responses on an Audi forum (e.g. AudiWorld.com or Audi4ever.at if you speak German) since we here are focussing on the Audi Navigation systems and not the radios. But from what I remember, the Concert I is using the standard VAG CD changer port. The easiest way to upgrade your system is to dump the CD changer and get an IceLink or Dension Gateway to connect an iPod. There are also adapters that allow to install a normal single DIN radio into an Audi wide single DIN cage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
You might get more responses on an Audi forum (e.g. AudiWorld.com or Audi4ever.at if you speak German) since we here are focussing on the Audi Navigation systems and not the radios. But from what I remember, the Concert I is using the standard VAG CD changer port. The easiest way to upgrade your system is to dump the CD changer and get an IceLink or Dension Gateway to connect an iPod. There are also adapters that allow to install a normal single DIN radio into an Audi wide single DIN cage.
Many thanks for a swift reply although the part in Red is beyond my limited technical ability.

I'll get around to the Navigation part later as I don't know if I can make mine work with Russian (Moscow Maps) or not. I think that my technology is already out-dated.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's something like this:

The two pieces cover the gap left and right. They are sold in many places, not sure about Russia though. Or on ebay (4556351430 for example).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.