Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new at this so bare with me please. I know this topic has been asked and answered many time however I would appreciate some clear info, Thanks in advance.
I have a 06 S4 with RNS-E, and want to have an external dvd player setup so my passengers can watch movies while I drive, now what do I get and from where and how much/ Please Help appreciate it thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
You need:

1) your RNS-E to have the VIM (video in motion) coding done to it. This can't be done with VAG-COM, but there is several guys on here who offer the service.

2) you need a video input adapter to convert the audio & video from a DVD player into the form that the RNS-E requires.

3) you need an external DVD or multimedia player.

If you are in the US I know PROXUS, at least, offers a complete package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PetrolDave but where can I find the adapters for it, Ive emailed Proxus but no response from him, and do I have to sent the unit to him to get VIM or can I buy an adapter for it.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
audios333 said:
where can I find the adapters for it, Ive emailed Proxus but no response from
Try him again - or any other of the trusted sellers here may be able to help you - anyone willing to step up to the plate?

audios333 said:
do I have to sent the unit to him to get VIM or can I buy an adapter for it.
You either have to send your RNS-E away or go visit the person with the special piece of kit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
audios333 said:
Thanks PetrolDave but where can I find the adapters for it, Ive emailed Proxus but no response from him, and do I have to sent the unit to him to get VIM or can I buy an adapter for it.
Where are you based audios333?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts