Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a b5 a4 without the premium sound or the 6 disc changer. i was wondering if there is anyway i can still put in the nav??? or is it just better to buy an aftermarket DIN.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have the Symphony I radio the best fit for your B5 would be the A6 4B0 unit. If you go OEM (RNS-E) you will have to deal with the different finish (matte black on the RNS-E compared to glossy black on your B5), time issues (RNS-E disagreeing with your cluster time) and if you are pre MY 2000+ you may see CAN issues).

Overall, it might be easier to get an aftermarket system and a single or dual DIN faceplate. If you prefer the OEM look and the RNS-E, there are ways to get it working in almost any car (there are people who have installed the RNS-E even in a Seat or VW Eurovan). Or you get the RNS-D, the older CD based navigation, which is available with the right faceplate but more difficult ro retrofit (TMC for DIS, patching map CDs).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for the nav with the CD's, i dont really see any use for it. I just wanted a screen in my car for the TV, and maybe even a DVD player. I do want the OEM look, but i guess i'll just have to find an aftermarket DIN with red buttons (so they can match my audi). thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts