Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
First time here , just bought an Audi A4 1.9 tdi 100 bhp avant model 2003 pretty standard at the moment but have plans. I am looking at the Audi Navigation plus RNS-E MMI DVD SYSTEM2003 and wondering if this would fit into my car .
If so is it easy to do and are all the wires /plugs there to do this
Does the above unit replace my stereo , and will i be able to play dvds on it
Any info greatly recieved

Regards
Chris
England

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
8E0 035 192 is not a valid RNS-E part number, there should be a letter at the end (C or higher). For answers to the other questions see the quick links.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would ask the seller for the complete part number. And if you don't want to loose it when you visigt your dealer the next time, ask for the serial number as well and get it checked before you send the money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok
Thanks for the advice so far
could you tell me what the part number would be of a unit that would work in my car and also what would you expect to pay for one of these in £

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
I would ask the seller for the complete part number. And if you don't want to loose it when you visigt your dealer the next time, ask for the serial number as well and get it checked before you send the money.
How can we check with the serial number?

Is it a case of calling a local dealer? I have noticed that the guy selling this is based in Lithuania, would our dealers in the UK have the information for Navis from Lithuania?

Regards

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
This looks like scam... picture in this auction is stolen and doesn't show actual unit. There is no EU unit with CD/SD button.

It would be not a first time when ebay item is missrepresented.

·
Registered
61 Posts
PROXUS said:
This looks like scam... picture in this auction is stolen and doesn't show actual unit. There is no EU unit with CD/SD button.

It would be not a first time when ebay item is missrepresented.
Well spotted, all EU Versions have CD/TV button. LOL!!

Do you know how I can get the Serial Number checked out to find out whether or not the item is dodgy?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry what I meant was once I get the serial number who do we contact to check the code whether or not it is ok??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
An Audi dealer should be able to check the serial number for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
An Audi dealer should be able to check the serial number for you.
That's cool will keep that in mind for future.

Regards

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Guys, one more advise: If you don't know how to check the serial number or even what part number you are looking for, ebay is not the right place to get your RNS-E from. You may end up wasting a lot of money not only for the RNS-E itself but also for adapters that aren't working as expected or strange issues caused by incorrect coding or such.

Do your research before you buy a unit, know exactly what you need and what questions to ask when you contact a seller. Or buy from someone with an excellent reference on the boards, not only here but also on Audiworld.com, Audizine.com, Tyresmoke.net and other Audi boards. At the end it saves you a lot of money.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
2nd that...

...I recently had 2 clients with units bought on eBay. One just stopped working after 2 weeks and one couldn't be recoded because EEPROM was corrupted. After all, those guys spent more money than they expected.

Some people need to understand that if you buy on eBay don't expect any warranties, support or money back. Almost every time sale is final and it is very hard to get your money back if your unit show up damaged.

eBay & Paypal doesnt have any protection for payments to overeas sellers, so once your money are gone - they ARE gone

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good Broker

Hi Chris, Obviously PROXUS is a trusted broker, I used Haaggie in the The Hague as it avoided customs duty and I had excellent service (especially whe I made some mistakes!). You'll find him in the 'For sale' section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.