Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2003 RS6 and trying to learn to use the navigation unit. GPS data screen shows 0/8 satellites. Current coordinates indicate I am in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Austrailia. I am not.

It's reading the CD correctly (after polishing it with compound like a car) as I can find my address and save it along with others but I can't navigate since it can't find my starting point on the CD (Disc 4)

Anyone know how to get it to search for the satellites? I know they're still up there - aren't they?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It sounds like you have a faulty GPS antenna.

At least with later SW on the RNS-D there is a compass display that also shows the number of satellites being received, do you have this and if so how many satellites are being received?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi This is a coincidence, I cant be of any help, But i am interested in any solutions. I have a b6 A4 avant with the cd based navi that shows info on instrumetns only. It has also suddnely stopped and displays 0 from 8 satellites.
Is the antennae the main culprit and should it be an easy enough problem for a car electrician to trace.
I dont really want to use a main dealer for this.

Thanks
Alastair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts