Audi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess we will see soon a new member of the family. The MKII TT has a double DIN slot, the picture shows the new Audi Navigation (no Plus) but I'm sure there will be a color version as well.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your are right, RS4 look but with multi function buttons. Audi tries hard to keep it interesting...

·
Registered
737 Posts
I like that wheel. I might try and find one of those. I was looking to do the B7 RS4 one but it doesn't have MF controls. That one looks like a version of it but with the MF buttons.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NSX JR said:
I love that steering wheel... especially the ROUND airbag!!!
I second that. The airbag is the only thing that makes me not wanting the RS4 wheel. Since the MK II TT is based on the MK V Golf and MKII A3, chances are not that bad that it may acutally work.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Someone find me one and I'll buy it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Navigation is called BNS 5.0 and replaces all small Navigationsystems in our Audis. It just has the Navigationinfo at the DIS, no Map as the RNS-E has.
I love the aluminum styled knobs for volume and and scrolling.

Mütze

·
Registered
249 Posts
i was also planning on retrofitting a B7 MFSW, but forget about it now... that one is hotness!!! :shock:

AudiA4B6US said:
The airbag is the only thing that makes me not wanting the RS4 wheel. Since the MK II TT is based on the MK V Golf and MKII A3, chances are not that bad that it may acutally work.
what do you mean by that? are you just refering to the B7 2 stage airbag vs the B6 1 stage?

·
Registered
249 Posts
bigger pic of the interior

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Avantéix said:
what do you mean by that? are you just refering to the B7 2 stage airbag vs the B6 1 stage?
Yes. Just a guess and I don't know what kind of airbag the A3 has or TT MK II will get. But I definitely don't won't the B7 airbag. So if the TT airbag is a single stage airbag, that wouldmake it easier I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what do i need to do to fit one of these mfsw to my 2001 b5 with retrofitted rns-e?

i searched the forums but couldnt find a guide.

i

·
Registered
249 Posts
looking at the steering wheel column "casing", do you B6/B7 guys think this will be a direct swap w/ the B7/B78 steering wheel? forget about the airbag and the electronic for a second, just consider the physical aspect...

i'm having doubts... the steering column casing (highlighted in red below) looks bulkier than on the B6/B7... or is that part actually part of the steering wheel itself... :?

·
Registered
249 Posts
damnit! now i'll really have to get one! :lol:

thanks for the clarrification though!

·
Registered
515 Posts
found this over on fourtitude.com

“Will the TT get the flat-bottomed steering wheel?â€

It’s a little detail… we know. However, the lack of flat-bottomed wheel in the RS 4 has caused all sorts of commentary on message boards across the Internet, so TT loyalists were immediately concerned that the arguably even more handsome wheel in the TT Coupe might not make the cut for the USA.

Fear not. We have it on good word that the wheel is a definite for America and beyond. The TT will sell in much greater numbers than the RS 4. So, in the case of the TT, economies of scale will work in favor of the new coupe. Federalization of the wheel, expected to be standard, will be a much lower impact on the price of the car.

There’s no word on whether the wheel will fit other applications in the Audi lineup, but given the high-degree of parts compatibility in the lineup, we’re sure someone who will be attempting the swap just as soon as the TT goes on sale in Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mütze said:
The Navigation is called BNS 5.0 and replaces all small Navigationsystems in our Audis. It just has the Navigationinfo at the DIS, no Map as the RNS-E has.
If at anyones interest, I found this instruction-manual on Audis site for the new BNS 5.0. Unfortunately only in german:

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/reports.Par.0079.File.pdf

It helps a bit explaining the functions and show the various screens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts