Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you all.

I am currently driving a 2006 A4 B7 2.0T S-line Avant quattro Tiptronic, with Tiptronic sport non-multifunction steering wheel, Concert II radio. Non Bose.

I am planning to retrofit my Tiptronic non multifunction steering wheel to a S-line tiptronic multifunction steering wheel. Other than the steering wheel, which parts do I need to make it work?

Also, I am planning to upgrade my Concert II to either Symphony II+ or RNS-E, which I need a new double din climate control unit and the double din cage. I have neither heated seats nor automatic circulation on my climate control unit. Which part number am I looking for?

Or do any of you think that I should get an aftermarket stereo deck instead? Which would cost a lot less compared to the parts needed above. If I opt for an aftermarket deck, do I have to configure any VAG codes?

Any information or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
To swap steering wheels you will need control module for steering wheel column. New control module should be from teh car with Multifunction steering wheel.
There is a post about switching steering wheels from B6 to B7 platform and you can find a lot of info and part numbers over there.

If you ask if is it worth it to install RNS-E over aftermarket unit ....I would say it depends on your needs. If you don't care about OEM look ant like those aftermarget units ...go for it.
I personally find everything I need in RNS-E unit and what is most important for me...it looks exactly like part of my car (it is vaery hard to match aftermarket radio with those flat black plastics of Audi).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts