Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the volt readings with the RNS-E hooked up but powered off for over 5 minutes.

B4 (battery power out) = 10V
B6 (CDC data) = 0.1V
B11 (CDC data) = 4.7V
B12 (CDC data) = 2.9V
C3 (to amp) = 0.2V
C5 (to amp) = 0.2V
C11 (to amp) = 0.2V
D10 (infotainment bus) = 9.3V

These are all the pins that hook up to connecter I (20 pin) on my original symphomy radio. Any ideas on what could be causing the battery drain?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
What was your fix for this, as I'm compiling a list of possibles for this issue.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Holy thread resurrection .... this thread was 5 1/2 years old!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah seems so Dave, just got a mate who I did the same conversion for as your mk2 unit, says battery draining, I have been logged into his laptop remotely checking his car coding, seems correct & wiring is correct I know, so strange 1 which I put down to his 5-6yr old battery tbh.

Anyway there was no difference in current with radio in/out so wasnt that, but still nice to hear back from others with there fixes for future ref hey chap. :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Battery draining is in 99 cases out of 100 down to wrong coding or lack of CAN. If both those are good then it's almost certainly the battery.

BTW it never ceases to amaze me that some people seem to believe that batteries have an infinite life? - even the best car batteries only have a 5 year warranty (so I'm expecting mine to die sometime soon).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well seems all ok atm with new battery, for me he has a DTM A4 & I reckon its just that, a battery, he's cool about it as he's done a current test & rns is out of equation, its all coded & connected fine, no errors, so for me my jobs done.

I hear yer, considering the technology in the car & its not a nissan micra, then people have to realise the batteries arent endless & they will eventually give up, probably the extra load on rundown as such after key out has shown the battery for what its state really is, hence why I upgraded to new one, but Varta Silver Ultra Dynamic rated better for higher technology cars & tbh it was dirt cheap at audi & about £30-50 less than retailers lol, shocked me for sure.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Varta Silver Ultra Dynamic rated better for higher technology cars & tbh it was dirt cheap at audi & about £30-50 less than retailers lol, shocked me for sure.
I get my batteries from a Varta distributor called Barden at Segensworth just off the M27 at junction 9 - their prices are normally pretty good and they usually have every size in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts