Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a new RNS-E adapter that comes with the CAN BUS emulator. This adapter takes a non CAN BUS data equipped Audi vehicle and uses the illumination and ignition signal and changes them to CAN BUS data for the RNS-E to use.

[siteimg:23449e82df]582[/siteimg:23449e82df]

Cheers,

Lanny

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TeddyBGame said:
Nice work Lanny. Do you sell those by themselves? I know there are lots of people upgrading from the Concert I to the Sym II / RNS-E out there.

Good stuff!! Keep it coming!!
Thanks, currently they come wit hthe RNS-E adapter but I'm working on selling them by themselves as well. I'll keep info posted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If this works what do I gain

I did my RNS-E install and switch the wire connectors behind my IC per NSXJR instructions. I have full data, light and on/off with ignition plus gala. Do I gain anything by using this adapter? (e.g. use of current MFSW, clocks sync, etc...) Thx

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
No, in fact you will lose things like your DIS info. The CANbus emulator only sends things like ignition, illumination, speed signals to the headunit.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Re: If this works what do I gain

Inglestadt said:
I did my RNS-E install and switch the wire connectors behind my IC per NSXJR instructions. I have full data, light and on/off with ignition plus gala. Do I gain anything by using this adapter? (e.g. use of current MFSW, clocks sync, etc...) Thx
Brian,
You don't need the canbus adaptor for your 2001 allroad...you get into the canbus via the cluster......like we discussed. :)

Enjoy the new RNSE!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.