Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the new multimedia interface that Proxus' is selling use the same connection harness as the Dietz 1417?

I'm talking about the connection that goes into the multimedia box and NOT the back of the RNS-E?

·
Registered
16 Posts
todd1010 said:
Does the new multimedia interface that Proxus' is selling use the same connection harness as the Dietz 1417?

I'm talking about the connection that goes into the multimedia box and NOT the back of the RNS-E?
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I need the same info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PROXUS said:
someone asked me about it in the mail and I replied that it looks simmilar but I wonder about pin layout.
That was me. After looking at pictures of your interface's connector and trying to remember the Dietz 1417 connector - they look identical - same size and number of pins.
The problem is several months ago Lanny made me a custom do all harness for my RNS-E / Bose / CDC / BT / Dietz 1280 / Dietz 1417 (the newer single unit). At the time I didn't get the 1280 and 1417. I'm using Bjarne's CANGate in place of 1280 and the 1417 is impossible to find now. If I could plug your interface in place of 1417 that would be ideal.
Can you give me a pinout of the multimedia interface connector?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts