Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have finally got round to fitting my new Bluetooth unit type "H", paired it OK with my Raza V3i.

The RNS-E can see it OK and if I select Phonebook, all the numbers that are on my phone (not SIM) appear on the RNS-E's screen.

So why is it, when I try to "Play Phonebok" does Digital Dorothy tell me the phonebook is empty ???

Do you have to upload all the numbers somehow before you can use them ???

And did I read somewhere I should see my Service Providers Logo on the screen ?

Dave.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: New "H" BT Unit In, Paired OK - Phonebook on RNS-E but i

Dave.G6HNI said:
So why is it, when I try to "Play Phonebok" does Digital Dorothy tell me the phonebook is empty ???
She's talking about the phonebook in the Bluetooth module, not the phonebook downloaded to the RNS-E - they're different!

Dave.G6HNI said:
And did I read somewhere I should see my Service Providers Logo on the screen ?
Never heard that before.

Service providers name appears on the top line of the screen when in phone mode, but not the logo.
BTW Vodafone appears as Vodafon (final "e" dropped).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

Yes mine does say Orange on top line, so I guess that's OK then.

I'm still a little confused with the phone books though,

If I can see my Phone's phonebook on the RNS'E then why can't I use it ???

Will I still have to manually enter every one if I want to be able to select them audably ???

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
If I can see my Phone's phonebook on the RNS'E then why can't I use it ???

Will I still have to manually enter every one if I want to be able to select them audibly ???
On the RNS-E you can see the RNS-E phonebook, which since it's synchronised to your phone means the phone's phonebook.

But for voice dialling, you use the Bluetooth module's phonebook - and as I said earlier - that's a completely different phonebook to what you see on the RNS-E.
Bizarre, but true.

Any number you want to voice dial you have to enter using the voice dialling commands.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Isn't "Play Phone Book" used to play back all the stored voice tags.

If you have not set any up, how can it play them?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I know I have to, I will set some up, I wrongly assumed that if it could read my phone's phonebook on the RNS-E, it would use that but as PetrolDave explained to me, there appears to be no data synchronisation between the two. Rather a shortcomming really.

Out of interest, is there any limit to the number of entries the BT unit can accept ?

Dave.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Up to 50 numbers can be stored in the phone interface.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
50 voice tags should be more than enough, great.

I have looked at the link, re voice tags, but it sems to be for the newer MFSW, I have not got the scroll wheels ?

If I select names on th RNS-E, I wonder if I will still be abe to save voice tags using the MFSW ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bjarne said:
Try to push and hold the 'speak' button while you are displaying the entry in the DIS. That should do it.
I've had another play now and still can't Voice Tag numbers displayed in the DIS, pushing & holding the Speak button has no effect, it just starts to dial the displayed number.

I've saved a few numbers from scratch, just to confirm that it works that way and it does.

I suppose I will just have to enter all 50 manually !

Dave.

·
Registered
517 Posts
NSX JR said:
I can now confirm this works even with the old style steering wheel. I think the problem was in the bluetooth coding.

For regular steering wheels or old-style multifunction wheels:
00x0xxx

For new-style MFSW (with scroll wheels):

00x1xxx

Since I changed my coding to have a 0 for the fourth digit, the voice tags now work with my old steering wheel. Pretty cool.
Did you try this?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bjarne said:
NSX JR said:
I can now confirm this works even with the old style steering wheel. I think the problem was in the bluetooth coding.

For regular steering wheels or old-style multifunction wheels:
00x0xxx

For new-style MFSW (with scroll wheels):

00x1xxx

Since I changed my coding to have a 0 for the fourth digit, the voice tags now work with my old steering wheel. Pretty cool.
Did you try this?
I have now !

GREAT - SUPER - I can now save the displayed number to a Voice Tag.

That's the Ticket !

Thanks.

Dave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts