Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received a notice in the mail that a new DVD is ready from Navteq is we want to part with $200. I guess this is just the maps, right? Anyone heard of any updates to the firmware? We have a factory install on an Audi A3 2006 (picked up late summer 2005). There were rumours of new firmware features like a CD pause button but I never heard any more...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What's details on the update (version number for example)? The Navteq web page still says 2A is the current release. sw 0110 still seems to be the most recent sw in the US.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you picked up your car in summer 2005 then your car came with the 1A DVD... that is probably why Navteq wants you to upgrade.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
NSX JR said:
If you picked up your car in summer 2005 then your car came with the 1A DVD... that is probably why Navteq wants you to upgrade.
I saw online that they have a $50 discount on the 2A, don't know if $199 is before or after discount. In any case, it looks like they are getting room for a new delivery. Would be about time.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you choose the correct model year you get the DVD as option to order.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to the mailer -- offer valid until Sept 30 -- free shipping on the DVD (a $9.99 value), or $50 off the CD set thus $199 plus shipping for the CDs.

www.navigation.com/audipromo2
1-877-628-8372

Now where do I get firmware updates for the rest of the unit?

GB

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The software/firmware is on the DVD, DVD version 2A comes with sw 0110. If you already have 0110 there is no need to get the DVD. Unless you want a spare. If you don't have 0110, borrow the DVD from someone who has the 2A DVD and just update the software. Once you got 0110 installed you can still use yoru 1A DVD as map DVD.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
grantb4 said:
We have Software 0040 and Hardware H70 or something like that.
Borrow a 2A DVD to do the software update, keep using your 1A DVD with the new software and save your money until the 3A DVD gets released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts