Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read out that a new OEM changer with the possibility to read Cd's with MP3 have been released for MMI cars. Anybody knows Part number and price?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New MP3 Changer for MMI. It was mounted in a new A8 but unfortunately the car (a 4200TDI) was exposed at Bologna Motorshow and so no part number again.

[

·
Registered
383 Posts
Has anybody been able to find out the part number for the MP3-enabled CD-changer? Can it be bought/retrofitted?

Cheers
AJAX

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
audi4man said:
a4ss4abt said:
ajax said:
Has anybody been able to find out the part number for the MP3-enabled CD-changer? Can it be bought/retrofitted?

Cheers
AJAX
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4427&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
It looks like it just need an update for the MMI system and I believe no need to replace CD changer. Can someone confirm this...
Absolutely not. The MP3 changer is a new hardware so the "old" Cd-changer has to be replaced but after changing it you need MMI update also.

·
Registered
530 Posts
About time - can't believe they've had support for MP3s in the A4s via the RNS-E, but not in the A8.

If you don't find out sooner I'm expecting delivery of an A8 4.2TDI in late March/early April (it's currently on a boat on its way to Australia) so I can let you know once it arrives.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just had a play with a brand new Australian spec S8 and it didn't indicate anywhere that it would accept MP3 CDs.

How did you access that menu screen a4ss4abt?

·
Registered
128 Posts
MP3 CDC vs. GATEWAY 500

a4ss4abt,

Will MP3 CDC give GATEWAY 500 more time to relax :D ?

That's another option for me, IF (a big IF) that CDC is compatible with monochromatic MMI!!!!

We'll see...

ps - BTW, can anyone confirm if the MP3 CDC is RW compatible (I like the flexibility of rewritable disks...)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just confirmed: 4E0 057 111F reference exists, and costs € 786 (ouch... that hurts!!!) + fiber optic cable.

Dealer said it has to be installed in the boot. Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jopereira said:
Just confirmed: 4E0 057 111F reference exists, and costs € 786 (ouch... that hurts!!!) + fiber optic cable.

Dealer said it has to be installed in the boot. Is that correct?
Yes MP3 Changer exterior is the same of the CD Changer but about the price I think, I hope there is a mistake :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I dont think that the 4E0 057 111 F is for the Mp3 playing CD changer

According to ETKA Parts list

4E0 057 110 A CD changer for 6 CD's "MP3" whereas all the other CD changers ( 111 F etc ) do not mention MP3 at all

·
Registered
128 Posts
a4ss4abt,

I wish it was a mistake. I'm not willing to pay that much for it!! I'd rather stay with GATEWAY 500 issues...

craigyb,

Thanks for pointing that. I took that reference here.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly when I saw that P.N. i did a scan in my car and I verified that my CDC is a 4E0 057 111 F and it doesn't play MP3. But my AUDI dealer tells me there is a new MP3 Changer arrived this month in his Etka. Tomorrow I will investigate guys.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had a further play with the S8 and was also told by an Audi Australia tech guy that the MP3 changer began in week 45 2006 build cars. :D

I'm sure it's probably already been reported here, but they also now have a bigger DIS that is no longer rectangular.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
a4ss4abt said:
Honestly when I saw that P.N. i did a scan in my car and I verified that my CDC is a 4E0 057 111 F and it doesn't play MP3. But my AUDI dealer tells me there is a new MP3 Changer arrived this month in his Etka. Tomorrow I will investigate guys.
I have confirmed with my supplier that it is the 4E0 057 110 A for mp3's

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Perfect Craig you are always the first :) :)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Horses for courses, not everyone is an Ipod freak.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts