Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new bluetooth modules in. Same part number for the USA, but obviously now produced by Harman/Becker. Just more interesting than anything else I suppose.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yep, had them for about 3 months in the UK now, which I suspect is why the number went from "M" to "H" for EU modules.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AFAIK that's a MOST device and won't work with a RNS-E.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I am very new to all of this - so this is way more basic than anything I have seen here. I own a 2005.5 A4 with the navigation package/MMI. While waiting around at the dealer for some work the other day I asked the parts people there if there was a bluetooth module for my car. They were totally stumped. Called Audi USA later who said there is no such thing. Later I used a link from this site to speak to a gentleman (unaffiliated with Audi to the best of my knowledge) who said the part I seek is 8P0-862-335T or P. I then followed up with Audi USA to verify this and they DID suddenly know about that part... but went on to say that while it is compatible with my make and model... my VIN# is such that it would not work in my car. It is maddening. Obviously the cost ($700 +) is such that you don't want to "take a chance." Can someone help me understand what is the truth?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I own a 2005.5 A4 with the navigation package/MMI.[/auote]
Your 2005.5 A4 doesn't have MMI it has an RNS-E - that's a very important difference.

the part I seek is 8P0-862-335T or P. I then followed up with Audi USA to verify this and they DID suddenly know about that part... but went on to say that while it is compatible with my make and model... my VIN# is such that it would not work in my car.
Usual dealer reply, and 100% wrong. Those versions of the module WILL 100% work in your car, no ifs, no buts, no maybes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts